Unexpected halt error after 0.6.8

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Help!

I upgraded my stick to 0.6.8, booted succesfully so copied the EFI over to my internal boot drive. It booted without a problem, but I noticed (as is often the case) the system reported the old version. So I went and did the final step to reset NVRAM. Now I'm presented with this error, just before it should show the picker menu. I have never seen this particular error before:

When I boot with my stick, then select my Mac drive it completes the boot and reports the correct version, when I check it:

Code:
4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version    DBG-068-2021-04-05

But I can't boot straight from the drive at this moment. I'm going to downgrade, hoping I can at least boot without using the usb. Any ideas? I'm stumped...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Try this buddy,
Stop using OpenHFSPlus and use HFSPlus instead.
Theres something very wrong with that driver and it can make some systems unstable, it’s totally random as Well so it’s hard to pin point.

Attachments

• HfsPlus.efi.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 2

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hey man, thanks! I didn't know the official version was kinda iffy. I'm gonna give this one a try. 🥳

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That did the trick! Thanks my friend! * off to update signature *

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Awesome, Nice one buddy 👍

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.