Unable to reach Catalina's recovery

jonas0206

Hello, for the first time, i try to make an hackintosh on AMD laptop, i use OpenCore and i follow Dortania's guide.
These are the characteristics of my computer : https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/document/c06645204 (Hp Pavillon Envy x360 15-ee0002nf, 8go ram, Ryzen 5, AMD radeon graphics)

When i try to boot my usb key, I manage to reach the boot selection screen, I select EFI, there is the bug information which is displayed then nothing, the screen remains frozen. Attached is the OpenCore debug file.

Do you have some solutions?

Attachments

• opencore-2021-02-12-224605.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5

Shaneee

Administrator
Staff member
The AMD Guy
Unfortuantly AMD integrated graphics chips aren't supported in macOS.

Shaneee

Administrator
Staff member
The AMD Guy
Techincally you could but there'd be no GPU support meaning anything that requires the GPU would either not work or be slow and unresponsive.

jonas0206

Techincally you could but there'd be no GPU support meaning anything that requires the GPU would either not work or be slow and unresponsive.
I juste want to use xCode and other développement tools, Do you think that's enough?

Shaneee

Administrator
Staff member
The AMD Guy
It could work. I recently tried helping another user with the 4500U CPU but it wouldn't even boot the installer. @Gigamaxx Any suggestions here?

jonas0206

It could work. I recently tried helping another user with the 4500U CPU but it wouldn't even boot the installer. @Gigamaxx Any suggestions here?
Me neither, I can only launch OpenCore, but it stops just after selecting "EFI". Besides how is it that OpenCore does not display "MacOs Catalina Recovey" (where you have to select between reset nvram, windows and openshell.efi) or a similar message as in most of the screenshot I was able to find.

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
Me neither, I can only launch OpenCore, but it stops just after selecting "EFI". Besides how is it that OpenCore does not display "MacOs Catalina Recovey" (where you have to select between reset nvram, windows and openshell.efi) or a similar message as in most of the screenshot I was able to find.
Boot arg. npci=0x2000
Boot arg. agdpmod=pikera

I don’t see it in the log?

Last edited:

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
I think the Recovery partition is not available or visible until install is complete.

jonas0206

Indeed, I had not put them in the boot args I added them "in addition to what I had (here is what is written now: -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1 npci=0x2000 agdpmod=pikera) but that did not change anything, and I am stuck in the same place on the mistake : Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49 . Attached is the new OpenCore's debug file.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-02-14-214444.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0

jonas0206

Indeed, I had not put them in the boot args I added them "in addition to what I had (here is what is written now: -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1 npci=0x2000 agdpmod=pikera) but that did not change anything, and I am stuck in the same place on the mistake : Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49 . Attached is the new OpenCore's debug file.
No one have an idea?

Shaneee

Administrator
Staff member
The AMD Guy
You don't boot the EFI option as that won't really do anything. Check the ScanPolicy setting in your config. It should be 0

Shaneee

Administrator
Staff member
The AMD Guy
If there's an option for CSM in the BIOS then make sure it's disabled.

Top Bottom