Unable to change install Language

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
Ok, I do have the option to use DVI. I'll give it a try along with the new EFI you posted. Thanks...

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
So I tried that new EFI and both DVI ports on my GTX 760 without any adapters and still get the black screen before Pick List.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
So I've got to the install screen using the "EFI 0.8.1 FX" EFI you sent and replaced HfsPlus.efi with HfsPlusLegacy.efi but im stuck on what looks like a German Installer and my mouse and keyboard don't work.

EDIT: I've injected USBInjectAll.kext and cleared my NVRam now my installer is in English but still my mouse and keyboard don't work in the installer

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You may need to remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext from the OC 0.8.1 FX /OC/Kexts folder and config.plist. This kext has been obsolete since El Capitan on Intel Systems, so I don't think it will be any better on an AMD system. I have never used it on my AMD FX system.

Same goes for USBInjectAll.kext, it has never worked on an AMD system. It is configured solely to work with Intel USB controllers, which our AMD systems don't use.

Sometimes less is better.

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
So got Catalina installed but only my rear USB 3.0 ports work. I've tried every port on the rear..

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which USB kexts and config.plist settings have you used?

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
Hi Ed, I've not changed any kexts or plist settings from what was included in 0.8.1 FX EFI you uploaded..

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Ok, that means the GenericUSBXHCI.kext is present and enabled in your system.

Did you add your Serial Number etc. to the config.plist?

Try this EFI 0,.8.1 FX 2 folder. The only change is the removal of the GenericUSBXHCI.kext from the Kexts folder and config.plist. This kext didn't help with my FX system's USB ports, so I doubt it will help with yours.

You need to add the MLB, ROM, Serial Number and SystemUUID to the revised config before you use it.

Attachments

• EFI 0.8.1 FX 2.zip
    4 MB · Views: 19

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
So without the GenericUSBXHCI.kext my two USB 3.0 ports don't work either. Yes I've added serial info

Last edited:

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
Ive tried downloading that attachment but it won't download

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
This is the same EFI. See if this will download.

Attachments

• EFI 0.8.1 FX 2.zip
    4 MB · Views: 18

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
Hi Ed, Still can't download either EFI zips

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Sorry the download has stalled for me too. Not sure why, but I had a similar issue with someone else's EFI when trying to download it.

Maybe @Shaneee can tell us what is happening with the site hosting and downloads.

I've sent you a PM with a link to the EFI on my OneDrive.

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
Hi Ed, Tried using that recent EFI and still my USB ports don't work with it...

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I’m not sure what else to suggest.

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
Ok.

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
after dong some reading I found a post where there was an SSDT which was blocking the USB ports on the system. Could this be the problem here

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
could remaking the SSDT's be a good idea?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which SSDT?

You only have two SSDT's in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder - SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml. Neither of those SSDT's are going to adversely affect your USB ports.

The SSDT-XOSI.aml is from Rehabman's OS-X-USB-Inject-All-master folder. This can be removed and the companion ACPI patch in the config.plist too, if you want to see if that makes any difference.

The SSDT-EC-USX-AMD.aml adds the fake EC device and provides USB power settings. You need both aspects of this SSDT as you are using a SMBIOS that doesn't have the USB power settings in macOS. Removing this would be a bad idea, as the system would kernel panic.

You could use two separate SSDT's for the fake EC device and USB power settings. Or use Dortania's catch all SSDT.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.