Tweaking OC 0.6.5

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
I've just updated to OC 0.6.5/Big Sur 11.1 and most things are working (BT, Intel Wifi, sleep (almost), icloud, etc. I do have some outstanding issues and wondering if the hivemind can advise:
  1. Sleep/wake appears to work from the UI, but fans/LEDs stay on and consumption only drops to about 75w, which isn't actually sleeping.
  2. With RadeonBoost.kext not working under Big Sur, is there a recommended way to optimise Radeon VII performance? - I looked at the Powerplay table generator thread on insanelymac, but the original spreadsheet has been deleted.
  3. All my drives are NVMe/M2: with the exception of the boot partition, all my other partitions appear as external devices and ejectable.
  4. I still haven't got USB port mapping quite right - Hackintool shows duplicate USB ports/devices, which can't be right.
  5. Sanity Checker tells me that under Patch, below the AMD 17h kernel patches, that my config.plist has the Catalina 10.15.4 CPUFAMILY_INTEL_PENRYN patch - can I/should I remove this?
All constructive suggestions gratefully received.

Installed Kexts are:
WhateverGreen.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
USBPorts.kext
SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
SMCAMDProcessor.kext
RestrictEvents.kext
Lilu.kext
NVMeFix.kext
IntelBluetoothInjector.kext
itlwm.kext
IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
HibernationFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext
AGPMInjector.kext

ACPI AMLs are:
SSDT-UIAC.aml
SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
SSDT-EC.aml
SSDT-HPET.aml
SSDT-SBRG.aml

TIA…

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
1. Try removing USB devices first
2. You can use MorePowerTools on Windows or get the Spreadsheet here: https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/for...ing-powerplaytable-lüfterkurve/?postID=504088
3. Use DeviceProperties to set them to built-in (see dortania for details)
4. Remove the SSDT-UIAC, you only need the USBPorts.kext
Thanks for that - i wasn't sure about the UIAC/USBPorts relationship. I'd successfully changed the Ethernet device to show as internal, but the first time I tried it with the drives, it didn't seem to make any difference. I'd been reading through the German forum, but hadn't spotted the spreadsheet there - will give that a go - I think I understand what's need. Perhaps. ;-)

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for that - i wasn't sure about the UIAC/USBPorts relationship. I'd successfully changed the Ethernet device to show as internal, but the first time I tried it with the drives, it didn't seem to make any difference. I'd been reading through the German forum, but hadn't spotted the spreadsheet there - will give that a go - I think I understand what's need. Perhaps. ;-)
I removed SSDT-UIAC - hasn't made any notable difference - I do need to do a proper mapping exercise there, so no problem. I created a default Powerplay table and set it up under DeviceProperties - doesn't seem to have made any difference: OpenCL for Radeon VII seems to top out just over 40k under GB5, which seems v low. I assume I'm missing a trick here?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Under kernel patches, disable the second to last one (Algrey - fix PAT) and enable the last one (Shaneee - fix PAT). This should fix GPU performance issues. My VII gets 81k in GB5 OpenCL with that.

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
Under kernel patches, disable the second to last one (Algrey - fix PAT) and enable the last one (Shaneee - fix PAT). This should fix GPU performance issues. My VII gets 81k in GB5 OpenCL with that.
Thanks - that's given me about 20% extra for both Metal (66k) and OpenCL (50k), which takes me back to where I was under OC 0.6.4 under Big Sur 11.1. Still obvs way off your figures though - what Powerplay setup are you using (if any)?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm just applying an undervolt to 975mv. But I'm using the Araguia Framebuffer which increases Geekbench results quite significantly (at the expense of loosing hot plug on the ports).

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
I'm just applying an undervolt to 975mv. But I'm using the Araguia Framebuffer which increases Geekbench results quite significantly (at the expense of loosing hot plug on the ports).
I'm not undervolting yet - wanted to get the basic pipeline working first. Is there a good canonical reference for Araguaia? (I'm wading through the thread on tonymac and it's a bit painful!)

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Technomad

AMD OS X Member
The best reference I have are those two posts:

In short, the Araguia Framebuffer is optimized for Apple's Vega II which is basically the same chip as the VII with 4 more Compute Units and lower clocks.
Though the ports of the VII do not match the Vega II, so there are some compatibility issues (like not all ports working / hot plug not working).
Thanks - now brushing up on my technical German - it was getting rusty!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.