Trying to find a good way to USB map

Which way did you use to map USB for your Ryzentosh?

• Shaneee's SSDTs

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Gigamaxx's tutorial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dortania Post-Install Guide

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other Guide (Please name in this thread if worked well for your setup!)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

agent2

Donator
Donator
Hello everybody,

I've still been in the setup phase of my computer for the longest time, as I haven't found the patience to properly set up the last few steps to get my Hackintosh that last bit complete.

I've seen quite a few techniques to properly USB map, and as I want to do thoroughly and without any unnecessary fluff in it, I would like your opinion and recommendation on which guide to utilize.

There's (1) a guide by Dortania in the Post-Install Guide, which doesn't AMD until towards the end, (2) the tutorial by @Gigamaxx on this forum, (3) the generic AMD X570 SSDTs provided by @Shaneee in the resources section. I could name a million other ones from different forums and sites, but these seem the best mix for AMD hardware.

Could someone please give me some guidance? It would of course be very convenient to use the SSDTs in the resources, but is that recommended? But I would also put more time into pulling some good mapping off with the best guide for my hardware.

Cheers!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
If you're using smbios 1,1 then use SSDT-XHC and then use Corps mapping script to do the mapping with.
If you're using smbios 7,1 then forget about the SSDT and just use the script and map away.

agent2

Donator
Donator
If you're using smbios 1,1 then use SSDT-XHC and then use Corps mapping script to do the mapping with.
If you're using smbios 7,1 then forget about the SSDT and just use the script and map away.

Hi thanks for the suggestion!

I've seen this script before (even downloaded it), but I'm not too sure what to do with it. How do I use it properly to map? Would you be so kind as to elaborate? The Github doesn't provide such a good step-by-step documentation.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The Instructions are very detailed on the thread but the problem is the information is hiding somewhat and can be easily missed.
here you go buddy,

If that still baffles you then I will happily walk you though it when I’m home in a little bit and in front of my system. 😊👍
Read though the info and follow it step by step and you will do it with ease.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@agent2 Word of warning brother, I see you’re using a Crosshair Formula. Beautiful board but I have found that board and the Hero are both pains in the behind to get all the ports showing. I haven’t found a solution to it yet but I’m currently trying to figure it out using a X570 Hero (both boards have the same usb layout). If you manage to get a full map of all your ports then do let me know. It’s the outer USB3 ports on the io shield that cause the trouble. (the blue ones)

agent2

Donator
Donator
@agent2 Word of warning brother, I see you’re using a Crosshair Formula. Beautiful board but I have found that board and the Hero are both pains in the behind to get all the ports showing. I haven’t found a solution to it yet but I’m currently trying to figure it out using a X570 Hero (both boards have the same usb layout). If you manage to get a full map of all your ports then do let me know. It’s the outer USB3 ports on the io shield that cause the trouble. (the blue ones)
Yep experienced that first-hand. The USB situation is a mess, I must admit. If you look in my success story, you'll see all the little problems that my USB ports have been emitting. It would be too tedious to elaborate it all again in this thread.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yep experienced that first-hand. The USB situation is a mess, I must admit. If you look in my success story, you'll see all the little problems that my USB ports have been emitting. It would be too tedious to elaborate it all again in this thread.
Don’t worry you don’t need to explain it as I already know myself about the trouble with them ports.
Strangely enough the Gigabyte X570 Xtreme suffers from exactly the same issue.
Its all very strange.

agent2

Donator
Donator
I wanted the Formula because of the crap-ton of ports and the 5Gbit LAN. But sadly both didn't pan out as I thought it would. I had originally planned to go with a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme Rev1.1 when it came out (it has that ever so sweet TB3 header since 1.1, and iGPU had reported functioning hot-plug), but too many e-tailers still had the Rev1.0 in stock so this was my second choice. When I get the chance to sell my Formula at a decent price and the Xtreme comes down to a more reasonable one, I might consider switching.

agent2

Donator
Donator
Don’t worry you don’t need to explain it as I already know myself about the trouble with them ports.
Strangely enough the Gigabyte X570 Xtreme suffers from exactly the same issue.
Its all very strange.
Okay, that's interesting to know.
At least all my 10Gbit ports work, that's good.

But with the script should I just hit create USBMap.kext and see what comes out? That seems pretty banal.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
All great boards but if I’m being 100% honest none of them are really necessary and are all totally overkill including the Hero as when it comes to what one X570 board other then features can do they all preform exactly the same. (Good vrm cooling factored in) None will overclock higher then the other and none will do anything special over the other. The only board that offers something truly intresting is the DarkHero as you can single core PBO boost.
I don’t think my X570-E is better then a X570 Ultra or Pro it’s just different that’s all.
When people at my work spend a ton on a board for no reason i can’t help but laugh to myself..lol

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Okay, that's interesting to know.
At least all my 10Gbit ports work, that's good.

But with the script should I just hit create USBMap.kext and see what comes out? That seems pretty banal.
Yeah basically just get a usb 2 device and a usb 3 device and plug it in to every port and map your ports out and then remove the ones that are not in use and build your kext. 👍

agent2

Donator
Donator
Yeah basically just get a usb 2 device and a usb 3 device and plug it in to every port and map your ports out and then remove the ones that are not in use and build your kext. 👍
So does that mean my USB 3.0 ports in the rear are not recognized at all? Or am I understanding it wrong?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
It seems that way yes but there has to be a reason for it.
could be a bios setting or could be the system needing a USB Reset. Try RHUB I guess or USB Reset that you can create using SSDTTime or even in the mapping script itself I think.

agent2

Donator
Donator
So here's a screenshot of when I select discover ports:

do all the USB ports show up? Or are there some missing?

Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 18.41.13.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
What’s ASM107x on HS04?
Im sure a have a SSDT-USB Reset kext for your board somewhere. Let me find it for you.

agent2

Donator
Donator
What’s ASM107x on HS04?
Im sure a have a SSDT-USB Reset kext for your board somewhere. Let me find it for you.
Thanks! I think ASM107x is the USB 2.0 device that controls my H115i.
What does the SSDT-USB Reset kext do? Do I need that in my EFI?
I also hit the Reset All Detected Ports on USBMap and hit discover ports again.
Here's another pic:

Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 18.51.27.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Found It!
Give this a try, Add, Restart and see if all the ports appear.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-Reset.aml.zip
    759 bytes · Views: 24

agent2

Donator
Donator
Found It!
Give this a try, Add, Restart and see if all the ports appear.
Alright will do! Thanks! I'll report back in a second!

agent2

Donator
Donator
Should I remove the stock SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml file? Or does that still need to be there?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Should I remove the stock SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml file? Or does that still need to be there?
You need that to Correct EC and give the correct USB Power Tables

Just add the SSDT to the ACPI and Config.plist and reset your NVRam when you restart.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.