This may be the year Laptop Hackintosh "may" be able to compete with M1 and with Graphics acceleration!

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have a Ryzen laptop with proper Graphics acceleration thanks to that my GPU is a mac Compatible Vega 56 and my Ryzen GPU doesnt have an IGPU.

Intel

seems to be out of the question for future hackintosh as I am not seeing Inte + AMD combos.

AMD + Ryzen

These may be laptops to pay attention to these year for hackintoshing and for 2 reasons:

1. MUX SWITCH
  2. More NAVI 23 GPUs
Last year very few laptops caould be turn into hackintosh with compatible graphics and one was the Legion 5 with the 6600m and that is because of the ability of a Mux. The laptop switches off the IGP and depends on the dgpu, just like an Imac pro

Pay attention to the Ryzen with the GPU models RX 6600s, 6600m, 6650m and 6650m xt. All fo these GPU are Navi 23 and will have the same device ID as the Desktop RX 6600 xt and will be compatible with MacOS Monterey 12.1

My 2 cents, happy hackintoshing 2022!

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have a Ryzen laptop with proper Graphics acceleration thanks to that my GPU is a mac Compatible Vega 56 and my Ryzen GPU doesnt have an IGPU.

Intel

seems to be out of the question for future hackintosh as I am not seeing Inte + AMD combos.

AMD + Ryzen

These may be laptops to pay attention to these year for hackintoshing and for 2 reasons:

1. MUX SWITCH
  2. More NAVI 23 GPUs
Last year very few laptops caould be turn into hackintosh with compatible graphics and one was the Legion 5 with the 6600m and that is because of the ability of a Mux. The laptop switches off the IGP and depends on the dgpu, just like an Imac pro

Pay attention to the Ryzen with the GPU models RX 6600s, 6600m, 6650m and 6650m xt. All fo these GPU are Navi 23 and will have the same device ID as the Desktop RX 6600 xt and will be compatible with MacOS Monterey 12.1

My 2 cents, happy hackintoshing 2022!
Can you please share your EFI?, I just ordered a Legion 5 with the 6600m and would like to install Monterey on it.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.