The recovery server could not be contacted

xavierbaez

AMD OS X Member
Hello
Has anybody seen this issue when trying to install?

I followed the instructions from Dortania.

I got this problem when trying to install from the USB
fc7211b7fa6c5f3c0ea42ff60ddc2a45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hello
Has anybody seen this issue when trying to install?

I followed the instructions from Dortania.

I got this problem when trying to install from the USB
fc7211b7fa6c5f3c0ea42ff60ddc2a45.jpg

What's the spec of your sustem? And do you have LAN or wifi setup on your motherboard?

xavierbaez

AMD OS X Member
I was able to get the WiFi kext to get pass that screen

However it got stuck later when installing Mac OS X

xavierbaez

AMD OS X Member
What's the spec of your sustem? And do you have LAN or wifi setup on your motherboard?

ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming
AMD Ryzen 3900X
AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I was able to get the WiFi kext to get pass that screen

However it got stuck later when installing Mac OS X

Right. For your system to boot successfully make sure that agdpmod=pikera has been added into the NVRAM boot-arg to enable your gpu and that you have enabled XHCIPortLimit and USBInjectall.kext. You must also ensure your main drive is formatted as APFS format, otherwise macOS will not install.

If you still have issues you can have a look at my build here and see if it works for you. This build was made for Catalina.

If you want to use Monterey, I have an updated version available here.
You'll have to change the cpuid_set_info settings however under the Kernel > Patch section to match your Ryzen 3900X cores as well as change the PCIRoot Device Properties for the AMD graphics card to match your RX6900's device-id.

xavierbaez

AMD OS X Member
Right. For your system to boot successfully make sure that agdpmod=pikera has been added into the NVRAM boot-arg to enable your gpu and that you have enabled XHCIPortLimit and USBInjectall.kext. You must also ensure your main drive is formatted as APFS format, otherwise macOS will not install.

If you still have issues you can have a look at my build here and see if it works for you. This build was made for Catalina.

You'll have to change the cpuid_set_info settings however under the Kernel > Patch section to match your Ryzen 3900X cores as well as change the PCIRoot Device Properties for the AMD graphics card to match your RX6900's device-id.
I’m trying to use HFS+ instead of APFS as HFS works with Linux and I can change labels and also works with Windows.

I can also add/change labels etc

Which of these operating systems will install with HFS+ ?

Mojave
Catalina
Big Sur
Monterrey

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I’m trying to use HFS+ instead of APFS as HFS works with Linux and I can change labels and also works with Windows.

I can also add/change labels etc

Which of these operating systems will install with HFS+ ?

Mojave
Catalina
Big Sur
Monterrey
Right. Unfortunately none of them will work with HFS+ any longer. Since High Sierra, all new macOS installations have to be on AFPS format drives or the OS will not work. However HFS+ formatted drives can still be read by the system. So you may need to put in a separate HFS+ formatted drive to share data with Linux/Windows.

xavierbaez

AMD OS X Member
Ok In installed the operating system, however the WiFi that was working on the installer stopped working once the OS was booted.
I was running AirportItlwm_v2.1.0.
It's weird, it worked on the installer but not in the OS after installation.

xavierbaez

AMD OS X Member

Thanks, I was able to install Mac OS X on AMD!

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Ok In installed the operating system, however the WiFi that was working on the installer stopped working once the OS was booted.
I was running AirportItlwm_v2.1.0.
It's weird, it worked on the installer but not in the OS after installation.
Ok. Well for Big Sur itlwm.kext should work for the wifi, but Monterey should be using Airportitlwm.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.