silvergraphs

AMD OS X Member
I notice that my system works well, but on certain occasions it starts to jerk, and after a few seconds it returns to normal, for example sometimes I am listening to music and programming in Visual Studio Code and suddenly everything slows down, the music , it starts to lag, the cursor, and after a few seconds it stabilizes again, (only on 2 occasions it happened to me that the music slowed down so much and it got so stuck that it never played again, I had to wait about 3 or 4 seconds to normalize and pause and play music again) maybe it is that the CPU/GPU speed drops for some reason? I haven't checked it yet, what do you think it could be? I rule out temperature problems because I assure that I have them well controlled, the hardware is also all new

Last edited:

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I had audio dropouts (external Focusrite over usb) when I used Photos or simply wrote and e-mail and did copy and paste actions. They went away when I went into the bios and set my graphics card pci slot to Gen3 (from Auto/Gen4). No guarantees but at least free to try!

silvergraphs

AMD OS X Member
I had audio dropouts (external Focusrite over usb) when I used Photos or simply wrote and e-mail and did copy and paste actions. They went away when I went into the bios and set my graphics card pci slot to Gen3 (from Auto/Gen4). No guarantees but at least free to try!

Thank you, i will to test it.

silvergraphs

AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Check your BIOS for Serial/Parallel port and make sure it's diabled.

Neal Caffrey

AMD OS X Member
I notice that my system works well, but on certain occasions it starts to jerk, and after a few seconds it returns to normal, for example sometimes I am listening to music and programming in Visual Studio Code and suddenly everything slows down, the music , it starts to lag, the cursor, and after a few seconds it stabilizes again, (only on 2 occasions it happened to me that the music slowed down so much and it got so stuck that it never played again, I had to wait about 3 or 4 seconds to normalize and pause and play music again) maybe it is that the CPU/GPU speed drops for some reason? I haven't checked it yet, what do you think it could be? I rule out temperature problems because I assure that I have them well controlled, the hardware is also all new

I had the same issue with my other build. Ryzen 7 3700X with MSI Gaming Plus B450. The Serial/Parallel port already disabled. I suspected that my NVME SSD is the culprit.

silvergraphs

AMD OS X Member

I did what you told me, that fixes the problem that the mouse starts to freeze and that while the music was playing, it jammes, I have not experienced it again, but there are still unexpected restarts. The mouse freezes for a few seconds, then the screen and the keyboard and mouse lights go off, there is a noise from the fan as if the speed of the fan rises and falls and thus remains infinitely unless you press the reset button. The fan noise I estimate is that of the GPU since I have a CPU Fan that does not reach more than 800 RPM, it is limited (it does not make noise, I know the noise of it so that's why I discard it, And my other fans are only connected by electricity, without PWM) so I also discard them. I do not have temperature problems in CPU. Checked from Windows. Talking about the GPU, in Windows with FurMark 720p 4x MSAA it reaches 72C max. I don't think it's a problem, it's an AsRock RX 570 and they are usually hot. What could be causing these problems on macOS? Regards.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@silvergraphs Do you have the DummyPowerManagement quirk enabled?

Vlad Vovk

AMD OS X Member
What do I need to do if I cant find this option in my bios?
MB: Gigabyte X570.
I have the same issues as the author of this post

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.