Success Ryzen 7 2700x, Asus Strix X470-F Gaming - OpenCore EFI

Law_ri

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
First try at this method and success. Writing from my new hackintosh.
OpenCore 0.75 used, rest is in my signature. No special kexts everything done by guide.
Need to get me a second hand AMD GPU so I can work normally on desktop, would like to have 2 GPUs.
Tried both kexts for LAN but not working, with AppleGB kext kernel panic after few minutes, so need new NIC or USB to ethernet dongle.
I would like to use hackintosh as daily driver. Also to fix CPU name is left to do, but I don't get it how to do it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 19.33.04.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 19.33.04.png
    77 KB · Views: 42

Law_ri

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Fix CPU is easy in the end :D Only RestrictEvents kext needed

Law_ri

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Today installed Asus Phoenix RX 550 4GB.
Now I have nice graphics cause Metal is supported.
Card is Lexa core but with help by alyxxxandra on discord I managed to get it working.

Law_ri

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Audio fixed by using external USB sound card.
Mic is working.

kouchangyin

AMD OS X Member
could u plz share your EFI? Thank you
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI)X470 platform
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • Graphics: SAPPHIRE Radeon R7 240
  • HDD: SAMSUNG 970EVO 500GB

Last edited:

Law_ri

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Here, but you have to move two device properties from config plist, cause I have one gpu which I have to disable and second one is spoof.
If you have only one which is R7 240 you should find if it's supported or you have to do gpu spoof like I did.
Also I disabled SmallTreeIntel82576.kext cause I have Intel I211-AT lan card which is not supported, you see what you have and then either enable it or put another kext.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Law_ri

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Update done

Law_ri

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Here is my EFI with latest OpenCore 0.7.6.
Only thing to check is:
1. USBMap is according to my motherboard
2. In device properties one gpu is disable and second is spoofed
So those 2 things I suppose should be changed

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 97

Law_ri

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Fenvi T919 working out of the box

serje

AMD OS X Member
Fenvi T919 working out of the box
Interesting! I was just about to create a bootable Flash with Big Sur installer, but came across your post and reconsidered to install Big Sur, will follow your rote since the config is similar. Here is mine:
Windows 10 Pro
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard: Gygabite X470 Aorus Gaming 5 WIFI-CF
RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1660Ti
SSD: 500GB NvMe SSD 970 EVO plus (Windows) - WDC 1TB
Network: Integrated chip, Fenvi T919 Wifi is coming in 1-2 weeks
Audio: TASCAM Miscast 4
Monitor: Xiaomi Mi 34’’ (UWQHD)
Cooling: ZoomFlow 240X Snow
What parameters would I need to change in your EFI?

serje

AMD OS X Member
I just found out that my GPU is useless and system will not work. Bummer.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your GTX 1660 Ti is not useless, just not supported in any manner in macOS.

If you can find an old Kepler series Nvidia card you should be OK to run macOS up to and including Big Sur. Compatible AMD cards are easy enough to source, but prohibitively expensive.

You may also find that the Samsung NVME doesn't work very well in macOS either. These drives have a firmware problem that messes up Trim in macOS Monterey.

Law_ri

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Interesting! I was just about to create a bootable Flash with Big Sur installer, but came across your post and reconsidered to install Big Sur, will follow your rote since the config is similar. Here is mine:

What parameters would I need to change in your EFI?
I think my USBMap.kext should be removed.
I have gpu block for GTX 1080TI - that should be removed.
Also gpu injection for my RX550.
Don't know what ethernet card is on your mobo, maybe your's will work.
Rest should work ok.

serje

AMD OS X Member
Your GTX 1660 Ti is not useless, just not supported in any manner in macOS.
YES!
If you can find an old Kepler series Nvidia card you should be OK to run macOS up to and including Big Sur. Compatible AMD cards are easy enough to source, but prohibitively expensive.
I ve been searching over internet for the appropriate videocard and good money+value. I found second hand AMD Radeon Gygabite RX 570 Gaming 4gb, purchased 8 Samsung 1gb memory chips and ordered someone to upgrade it. Should be ready tomorrow.
You may also find that the Samsung NVME doesn't work very well in macOS either. These drives have a firmware problem that messes up Trim in macOS Monterey.
I see. Do you recomend me to live my Windows on Samsung SSD NvMe and install MacOS on SSD Western Digital 500gb instead?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
macOS will look to apply Trim to the Samsung NVME drive, even if it is not a HFS+ or APFS formatted drive. Just having it in the system when running macOS Monterey may cause issues.

The RX570 4GB card should be fine for macOS Big Sur and Monterey.

Not sure what you mean by - '8 Samsung 1gb memory chips'! 1GB memory modules are a waste of money. 8GB memory modules or larger are what people normally use.

serje

AMD OS X Member
macOS will look to apply Trim to the Samsung NVME drive, even if it is not a HFS+ or APFS formatted drive. Just having it in the system when running macOS Monterey may cause issues.
Waw, I will live it in for now, if it will cause trouble I will remove.
The RX570 4GB card should be fine for macOS Big Sur and Monterey.

Not sure what you mean by - '8 Samsung 1gb memory chips'! 1GB memory modules are a waste of money. 8GB memory modules or larger are what people normally use.
Sorry for not being clear. I purchased RX570 4Gb card and 8 *1gb memory modules to upgrade RX570 4gb to 8gb. Does it make sense now? I suppose you know that it is possible to upgrade 4gb Card to 8 Gb card, don't you?

Last edited:

serje

AMD OS X Member
I think my USBMap.kext should be removed.
I have gpu block for GTX 1080TI - that should be removed.
Also gpu injection for my RX550.
Don't know what ethernet card is on your mobo, maybe your's will work.
Rest should work ok.
Thank you. So, Should I just remove USBMap, is it ok if the Config will have no USBNap or I will need to provide it according to my System specs? Sorry if my questions sound dump. I am novice and Newbee in MacOS and Hackintosh stuff)
Ok, I will remove GTX line. Will your gpu injection be enough for my videocard (RX570) or I need to look for more info?
My Ethernet chip is Intel I211 Gigabit Network Connection

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Waw, I will live it in for now, if it will cause trouble I will remove.

Sorry for not being clear. I purchased RX570 4Gb card and 8 *1gb memory modules to upgrade RX570 4gb to 8gb. Does it make sense now? I suppose you know that it is possible to upgrade 4gb Card to 8 Gb card, don't you?
No that makes no sense.

You can't physically upgrade the memory on the RX570 with 1GB memory modules. You would need to change the firmware/Vbios to match the new configuration. You are more likely to brick the GPU than upgrade it.

I would not recommend this action, ever!

serje

AMD OS X Member
No that makes no sense.

You can't physically upgrade the memory on the RX570 with 1GB memory modules. You would need to change the firmware/Vbios to match the new configuration. You are more likely to brick the GPU than upgrade it.

I would not recommend this action, ever!I
I see, it looks like you do not know it is possible and that it has been done for quite a while. IT IS POSSIBLE! and many Miners have done it successfully. An engineer I asked to upgrade the card called to let me know he successfully upgraded it -the hardware, as well as firmware. Tomorrow I will get the card, install it, test it and make a screen shot of specs. I will attach the file for you.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Miners! They don't run macOS. Don' t bother posting anything, you will be wasting anyone who responds time.

If you are going down that route WTF are you doing looking to create a hackintosh?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.