Success Ryzen 3700x , AORUS X570 pro , Sapphire RX 580 , CATALINA 10.15.4

nempoulet

AMD OS X Member
Totally Noob , I ve got success with mojave 10.14.6 , but i was struggling to have Catalina ,
I ve watched lots of videos to understand what was needed , thx to the community i managed to
install Catalina 10.15.4 on my Build , That was mainly for pro tools , and it seems to work !!! ( future tests soon ) , At least i m not stucked at pro tools boot ...
Sleep isn't working but i don't mind , I don't know about audio on board cause i am using External Sound card ( usb kind ) ,it seems to be ok . I spent all the quarantine to manage to have this Ryzentosh to work !!! And i ve learned a lot with this !!! I put The EFI folder without config plist you can edited following vanilla installation and others forum . Cheers , Let the installation ... begins !!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
D

Deleted member

Hi. Thanks for sharing. I am thinking about switching over to AMD too. I'm looking into buying the same board and a Ryzen 3900X. How do Audio Apllicatiosn work? Like Logic, ProTools and Maschine?

Thanks

AdrienVig

AMD OS X Member
Hey !

Congrats, did you get to have shutdown and sleep working? I'm on the aorus x570 pro too and can't get them to work (especially shutdown..)

Thanks!

FisionBoy

AMD OS X Member
Congrats! Opencore or Clover?

VenimK

AMD OS X Member
Opencore

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@AdrienVig How is shutdown not working? Just restarting again? I had this once playing around with ACPI settings regarding Deep Sleep. Disabling all wakeup options (rtc, pci etc) fixed it for me.

hayskeys

AMD OS X Member
@nempoulet , did you have to do anything special to get pro tools to work? Logic Pro X worked immediately for me, but pro tools bounces on the dock for a while but never loads. When I try and force quit, it says "Application not responding". My rig is otherwise very solid.

AudiobyBashab

AMD OS X Member
Hi. Thanks for sharing. I am thinking about switching over to AMD too. I'm looking into buying the same board and a Ryzen 3900X. How do Audio Apllicatiosn work? Like Logic, ProTools and Maschine?

Thanks

ProTools Video Engine crashes. Doesn't work at all as of now. Also only a few waves plugins work, not all.
If you only do audio on Protools, go for it, otherwise wait for an update or use PT on windows like me :)

D

Deleted member

ProTools Video Engine crashes. Doesn't work at all as of now. Also only a few waves plugins work, not all.
If you only do audio on Protools, go for it, otherwise wait for an update or use PT on windows like me :)

Thanks. I use Logic for the most part. But over the years I acquired a lot of Waves Plugins and some of them I rely on, so I think I have to stick to Intel for now, which is a shame, because you have to spend about 300 euros more to get a similar performance than what AMD has to offer. On Top of the that, if I would go 10th gen I even would need a new CPU fan or AIO Water cooler. I have a bracket for both AM4 and 1151 on mine, so it's either i9 9900k or Ryzen 9 3900X or XT, I guess. But I am not in the position to experiment with the built, since I need it for work, so I think I am stuck with Intel.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.