Success (easy peasy) AMD 5900X

askunk

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,

I just wanted to share with you my success story.
I was quite scared, seeing many people stuck at different stages in the process. Perhaps my choice of hardware helped.

It went all smooth. I assembled the PC in about 2 hrs and installed Big Sur in less than 3. I had two hiccups:

1. I didn't notice that Win10 was hiding the file extension, therefore my config.plist was in reality config.plist.plist. Fixed by reading about it on Reddit.
  2. After a successful boot (as a MacPro) I had a memory configuration error - just an annoying notification - that I couldn't solve with the suggested kext but by manually configuring the allocation slots. (40 mins following the manual)

The weird thing is that I didn't map the USB ports yet, but everything seems to work perfectly. I will do it, eventually.

AMD 5900X
ASUS TUF Gaming Plus X570 (no wifi)
Corsair 32GB 3200 MHz
2TB SSD Seagate Firecuda 510 (macOS)
1TB SSD WD Blue (Win10)
fenvi T919 Wifi 5 and BT 4
nVIDIA GT 710 2GB (waiting for my AMD 6800 XT)
850W Corsair modular power supply (gold)

Can't wait for my 6800XT now that it is official that macOS 11.4 will support it!!

Last edited:

sakalpaul

AMD OS X Member
Hi ... i have same motherboard
did you able to map usb ?
i am facing sleep issue :(

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.