stuck on install from site - no such file or directory

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Well, I have Catalina installed, but I have few USB issues. I decided to try a fresh install on a fresh SSD following this sites guide on Mojave using my new AMD Mac.

However, I am stuck here on this section of the guide:-

xxxx@xxxxs-Mac-Pro /Volumes % diskutil mount /dev/disk4s1
Volume EFI on /dev/disk4s1 mounted
cd: no such file or directory: /Volumes/OS X Base System/System/Library
xxxx@xxxxs-Mac-Pro /Volumes % cd /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library

Where xxx is my name.

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
I managed to get past this step, and now:-
xxxx@xxxxs-Mac-Pro Library % sudo mkdir Kernels
Password:
mkdir: Kernels: File exists
xxxx@xxxxs-Mac-Pro Library % sudo cp ~/Desktop/kernel Kernels/kernel
cp: /Users/xxxx/Desktop/kernel: No such file or directory

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Now,
cp: Kernels/kernel: Operation not permitted
xxxx@xxxxs-Mac-Pro Library %

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You can use gibMacOS to download the full installer and create the Install Application to then run createinstallmedia. From there just mount the EFI and add OpenCore.

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
You can use gibMacOS to download the full installer and create the Install Application to then run createinstallmedia. From there just mount the EFI and add OpenCore.
Thank you, i did try that before, but it didn't work? I was using oc 0.6.0 and Catalina. I have it up and running, but i have been having usb issues. All the guides i have found relate to Intel, not amd. There were a couple of other things like my bt adapter, which shows, but none of the devices stay connected. There were also a few error messages on startup.20200816_190610.jpg
I figured I'd start a fresh install, using older tutorials.

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
i run into the same error messages on the imac. It said the usb drive was mounted. Again operation not permitted.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Last edited:

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Last edited:

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
I think this is the one on my current drive containing Catalina. I updated the Config.plist as per the Sanity Checkers reccomendations, however the same errors still come up. I still have to investigate the USB side as my mouse sometimes freezes, and it seem that my USB Bluetooth adapter isn't fully MacOS compatible (it keeps dropping devices).
OMG, I have noticed that my USB Mouse is working better, so I checked the USB Ports,and there are still only 15. Could I have fixed this issue?
I connected my BT Mouse, up, and it keeps sticking. My Denon headphones keep dropping out, so maybe I need a better BT adapter, or perhaps there is a kext that supports my BT Adapter.
The errors still come up on bootup, and I am sure I updated my config.PList, after mounting my EFI.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Why the crazy amount of Ethernet kexts? From what I can tell from the specs for your board RealtekRTL8111.kext is all you need.

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Why the crazy amount of Ethernet kexts? From what I can tell from the specs for your board RealtekRTL8111.kext is all you need.
I had some issues initially. The unit has built in Lan, and I have a TP Link AC1300 USB Adapter. I couln't complete the Install of Catalina, so I purchased a TP Link PCI card, which worked straight away. I then installed drivers for my USB Adapter. My main concern has been fixing my USB, Bluetooth, the startup text plus my Google Chrome screen wobbling sometimes (which seems to have gone).
So get rid of:-
AppleRTLB8169
AtherosE2200
IntelMausiEthernet
LucyRTL8125
SmallTreeIntel8256
?

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yeah, but only if you use it hardwired on the board's built-in Ethernet-port. I'm not sure what kext the TP Link devices require so tread carefully. You could remove them one step at a time, always keeping the Realtek one, and see what works (or stops working). I just jumped out at me, that why I commented. :)

The No Schema errors mean that things are missing at expected places or referred to with a wrong name, so for instance somewhere in your plist there is a referral to 'Protocols' within the UEFI section, but I believe that is called 'ProtocolOverrides' now (since 0.5.9 or so). Sometimes it's simply a matter of renaming something, some times a certain boolean or string needs to be added for the errors to go away.

Changes are listed in the Differences.pdf in all OpenCore releases and Sanity Checker is a fantastic tool.

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Yeah, but only if you use it hardwired on the board's built-in Ethernet-port. I'm not sure what kext the TP Link devices require so tread carefully. You could remove them one step at a time, always keeping the Realtek one, and see what works (or stops working). I just jumped out at me, that why I commented. :)

The No Schema errors mean that things are missing at expected places or referred to with a wrong name, so for instance somewhere in your plist there is a referral to 'Protocols' within the UEFI section, but I believe that is called 'ProtocolOverrides' now (since 0.5.9 or so). Sometimes it's simply a matter of renaming something, some times a certain boolean or string needs to be added for the errors to go away.

Changes are listed in the Differences.pdf in all OpenCore releases and Sanity Checker is a fantastic tool.
From what I've read (on other sites) TP Link uses Realtek. I assume I just remove the foreign items from Opencore, mount my EFI, modify my config.plist, take a snapshot, save and reboot?

I did rename 'Protocols' to 'ProtocolOverrides', so I'm unsure why it was still showing.
My USB MSI wired mouse still sometimes stops. I connected a Logitech M585 up via Bluetooth, and it was also freezing. I then connected it to the unifying receiver and was also having issues.
Now, I connect an Acer Wireless mouse (with its receiver), and it it seems to work okay. Just annoying the Logitech, which is probably the best of all of them, doesn't want to co-operate (works fine on my HP Notebook, and MS Surface).

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Part of the issue with my mice maybe related to the fact I am using a Logitech K600, which has a builtin trackpad. ;)
I guess MacOS can't handle it.

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Part of the issue with my mice maybe related to the fact I am using a Logitech K600, which has a builtin trackpad. ;)
I guess MacOS can't handle it.
I was also having issues in windows 10.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.