Stuck at apfs_module_start:1689 with Opencore boot loader

spykor

AMD OS X Member
Specs: mobo 990XA-UD3, cpu AMD FX-6300, 8GB RAM, various SSD and HDD disks, fully working Catalina OS X 10.15.6 with Opencore 0.6.1

My sytem works fine with Catalina (everything except Safari crashes with Youtube and FaceTime crashes on video calls, but iMessage works fine), with Opencore 0.6.1 and the old 33 kernel patches for AMD cpus.

My problem is that I wanted to upgrade the Opencore to the latest 0.7.9 version and the new 16 AMD kernel patches (I guess they managed to reduce the pathes). I use a separate SSD for experimentation.

I managed to create a EFI with all the necessary SSDTs and kexts and a config.plist with the proper(?) settings and the new kernel patches that boots normally up to a point but then it gets stuck at the point "apfs_module_start:1689....".

Anybody got any ideas of what is wrong or how to solve it?

I attatch the screenshot and my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    960.4 KB · Views: 4

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try the OC 0.7.8 EFI attached below.

This is based on my Asus Sabertooth 999FX, FX-8350 system, which I changed to suit your FX6300 6-core CPU and multiple OS's.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 6

spykor

AMD OS X Member
Thanks a lot for your help but your EFI didn't work. The first attempt, using the specific EFI, was complete failure. It did not even boot into Opencore. Then I changed a few parametrs in config.plist and managed to boot into Opencore and it displayed the picker menu. The chenges I had to make in config.plist in order to boot into Opencore were "USEFI -> APFS MinDate -> -1, MinVersion -> -1" and "UEFI -> Quirks -> UnblockFsConnect -> True". When I picked the Catalina experiment disk for boot it ended up in kernel panic. See the attached screenshot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.