Stuck after Verbose on the Apple Logo with Bar 90% filled

Huaba1998

AMD OS X Member
Hello Guys,

I'm facing an Issue trying to Install Catalina.
Im Booting through all the Verbose stuff without any Errors then the Apple Logo with the bar underneath appears.
It Fills to around 90% and then Freezes. Mouse Cursor on the Top Left of the Screen.

Tried Big Sur too and it happens the same but this time with the bar only 20% filled. and i can move the mouse around for 1 minute until it freezes too.

Thinks i tried:
  • changing SMBIOS // with some SMBIOS it doesnt freeze but Turn off at the same spot
  • disconnected every SSD / M.2 SSD (because i read somewhere that some SSDs are unsupported)
  • changed 4G decoding
  • npci=0x2000 / npci=0x3000 Boot args
  • disconnected every USB Device besides Keyboard & Mouse

Build with the Vanilla Guide on Dortania
OpenCore Version: 0.6.3
Latest Kexts and AMD Patches

OS: 10.15 Recovery (build from a Windows machine) // Tried Big Sur too and it happens the same but this time with the bar only 20% filled
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard: ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI)
GPU: AsRock Phantom Gaming Radeon 5600XT

EFI: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rfw9WbMpLPOldU38NtCSdHM5JH1gISMk?usp=sharing

I'm hoping someone can help

Huaba1998

AMD OS X Member
Ok I recorded my verbose boot and saw that the error "DSMOS has arrived" appears and as I know that could cause the freeze/shutdown, or is it something else?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds like a GPU issue. Try removing the adgpmod boot arg.

Huaba1998

AMD OS X Member
If I remove it it goes to a Black screen after the verbose, I tried the adgpmod=ignore boot arg but it doesn't help either
I even tried another gpu, and I forced it to pci-express Gen 3. But it's always the same.

Huaba1998

AMD OS X Member
I disabled the GPU via -wegnoegpu so i could get more verbose output (sorry for bad quality used slomo-mode on my phone)

vlcsnap-2020-12-14-14h46m26s133.png
PS: I could upload the full video if you need it

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.