Solved Stuck after first reboot during Catalina install

marcoled

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,
this is my second installation of a Catalina build on my system. I have Ryzen 3600 and RX3700 graphic card. I had a working system running 10.15.3 on OpenCore 0.5.9, but I had some issues with other softwares and wanted to upgrade to the latest Catalina. I followed again all the steps in the guide and have a working 0.6.3 USB bootable installer. I reach the installer no problem, I can use Disk Utility and start the installation, but after the first reboot (and choosing Mac OS Installer instead in OC) and a bit of loading, I reach a stop point. Attached is an image of where I cannot get out or continue. The installer basically says Mac OS cannot be installed in this machine. I can share the log from the installer if needed, but maybe there is a quick easy fix of something I might have overlooked?
Thanks for the help!
Cheers,
Marco

Attachments

• 66BE65A3-6CCA-4C5B-9130-DB57846BC9EA.jpeg
    66BE65A3-6CCA-4C5B-9130-DB57846BC9EA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

marcoled

AMD OS X Member
and here is my EFI.
I tried several solutions suggested for other issues, including changing the EnableWriteUnprotector, RebuildAppleMemoryMap and SyncRuntimePermissions but with no luck. The strange part I believe is that it boots correctly, loads the first part of the installer but instead of continuing after the first reboot, shortly after the apple logo I get the error message above... could it just be a problem with the installer itself? I'll try making a new USB, redownload the installer and see...
in the meantime though, any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

marcoled

AMD OS X Member
Solved. it was as simple as changing the SMBIOS to iMac18,3 instead of iMacPro1,1. Thanks Reddit.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.