Strange USB Behaviour

KieranWaugh

AMD OS X Member
Hey everyone,

After updating to Monterey I am having some strange USB issues. I first noticed it with Bluetooth where the system report would recognise a Bluetooth controller (In both USB and Bluetooth) but would give a null address meaning Bluetooth isn't working at all. When this happens, the rest of the system works fine but after a while USB will entirely stop working and the computer needs a force restart. Following the restart Bluetooth suddenly works and USB has no issues. This seems to last a few restarts the eventually back to Bluetooth not being recognised and USB crashing after a while.

This has only started happening after the upgrade to Monterey. My USB map seems to be correct and the only way I can get Bluetooth to occasionally work (even though the card was native in Big Sur) is to use the bluetoolfixup kext.

Anyone got any ideas on what is causing this?

Cheers

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Apple changed how stuff works in Monterey including the Bluetooth stack. If the BlueToolFixUp works then it's required.

KieranWaugh

AMD OS X Member
Apple changed how stuff works in Monterey including the Bluetooth stack. If the BlueToolFixUp works then it's required.
Thanks! It only works about a quarter of the time and I'm really not sure why.

The other times the Bluetooth controller returns a null address

In theory, the card should be native (BCM4360NG ) however I get this might have changed in Monterey.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.