Strange usb audio issues - x570-F Strix

do this build actually trying to extract any enthusiasm left in my soul ?

• yes

• yes but you're an idiot

• no, you're definitely an idiot

• idk what I'm doing here

Results are only viewable after voting.

astroneffdj

AMD OS X Member
and this screen was literally took 2min after the fresh install was done, just the time to redownload open core configurator, hackintool and IOReg I didn't used any additional kext or patches that was not included in your last EFI folder, didn't map anything the os is as fresh as it can be still I don't see more than 16 ports. god damn
@Shaneee did you had similar issues with your X570-F ? can't believe it's so hard
I crosschecked the bios settings 10 times everything checks out

god no, I crosschecked everything 10 times reinstalled the os 2 times and it still doesn't change anything

I was lost 2 days ago but now it's the "middle of the ocean with a survival raft"kind of lost

Last edited:

astroneffdj

AMD OS X Member
I'm on my way to redo the port recognition thing and will add to comments if it shows usb3 or not

also a strange thing is when I plug a known usb3 device into usb3 port it shows only 480m/s but not higher ?

will post the screenshot in 5mins

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I've not had any USB related issues on this board no. Even the NZXT USB 2.0 hub I have connected to one of the 2.0 internal connections.

astroneffdj

AMD OS X Member
I've not had any USB related issues on this board no. Even the NZXT USB 2.0 hub I have connected to one of the 2.0 internal connections.

how can it be if we have the exact same mobo I don't understand it's frustrating as hell

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It's messy but it works 🤷‍♂️ This is the map my system uses, give it a try.

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 1

astroneffdj

AMD OS X Member
Thank you very much,
If you have 10 secs can you please post an IOReg and a screen of the usb section of hackintool ?

:)

astroneffdj

AMD OS X Member
It's messy but it works 🤷‍♂️ This is the map my system uses, give it a try.
@Shaneee, look,

ive loaded your kext and it didn't change anything, like I've loaded no kext .....

maybe I've missed something on the way I've installed I don't know this is a mess

do I just need to drop it into my efi/kext folder and add it into the config ? is there an specific order to put it into config ?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hackintool isn't very accurate I've found for USB. For example below it doesn't show any of the internal stuff but System information does as you'll see in my earlier screenshot.

astroneffdj

AMD OS X Member
the more informations I get the more I get lost at why it doesn't show me the same thing as you, why only 16 ports ? why when I load your kext I don't have the same map ?
how can it be ?

maybe should I try to rollback one bios or trash this board and buy a new one ?

I don't know what to do anymore

please help

astroneffdj

AMD OS X Member
if you want I can pay you, I just need this crap to work, I have stuff to do with it within the nexts months it drives me crazy AF

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I'm also on the latest BIOS btw. When you replaced the kext did you reset the NVRAM? If that still doesn't work remove any USB map/kext/SSDT except the USBX one and add this to your EFI and reboot clearing NVRAM again.

No need to pay for help here unless you wish to ;)

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-Reset.aml.zip
    759 bytes · Views: 2

astroneffdj

AMD OS X Member
I'll try the usb flashback maybe it will change smh

im also on this bios also so normally it has to work

I've loaded your usb reset, deleted the kext but no changes

each time I make a change in the config I do a nvram reset and system reset.efi

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Download and install Catalina or an early version of Big Sur (prior to 11.3) where the XhciPortLimit quirk works.

Then map your USB ports.

Having XhciPortLimit functioning should help.

Ditching the MB is not wise. You could easily end up with the same issue, using another MB.

You have an EFI that works, so half the battle is solved. Create a USB installation USB, with the CreateInstallMedia terminal command, so the OS restored to the USB, not relying on the Internet Recovery method.

You would need to change the UEFS > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries if you were to install Catalina. But other than that is should all be the same.

Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 20.27.14.png MinDate & MinVersion entries for older versions of macOS that use APFS formatted drives.

astroneffdj

AMD OS X Member
can I use my Nvidia card with Catalina ? does it works ? I thought I was stuck in high Sierra because of it
I already thanked about getting some rx580 or such but right now in Switzerland the prices are sadly too high to consider

or do I just use it for making the usb map then backing to high Sierra ?

Last edited:

astroneffdj

AMD OS X Member
if I switch to a kvm setup with gpu pass it will work better ?
from your experience do it suits audio production ?
and most importantly do this makes it at least a little more simple ?

(I have a limited but present background in linux and virtualisation)

I'm downloading Catalina thru Catalina patcher to install it, what do you suggest to use for usb mapping ? Hackintool or usbtoolbox's ?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I am really sorry but I have sent you on a Wild Goose chase regarding installing macOS Catalina. I must have had a brain fart!

Your GTX 1080 will not work with Catalina. You are restricted to macOS High Sierra with that Graphics card.

The RX6600 XT might be more easily sourced and more affordable than an RX580. But it is only supported in macOS Monterey 12.1 and newer.

I use Hackintool, but that is because most of my Hacks are Intel Based and it is the easiest method I know.

I have a couple of AMD systems, but they were setup and have been running macOS for a number of years. They were first setup when a patched kernel was required. I used a number of @Shaneee patched AMD kernels on my FX and older systems when I was lurking around InsanelyM.

I don't use or know much about KVM systems. Someone else would need to reply to that question.

astroneffdj

AMD OS X Member
so what do you suggest me to do at this point ?
go down the rabbit hole and make custom ssdt implementation ? I dont know much about the acpi language but if you have some good resources about how to do it I think I can manage that

unfortunately two months ago I bought my 1080ti (for a really good price but still) so my gpu expenses are stuck for a bit.
do I have any other option than buy a new gpu or sell my rig and buy back some intel x99 or something like that ? (I would be very sad this 3900x is really good, miles away from my ex x99 and I've also found it for really cheap)

to be honest I'm really sad I can't figure this out, besides our talk I've made tens of hours of research and consulted many websites, forums, discord servers, hackintosh related, macOS dev related and such, no one can help.

can maybe a pci-e usb 3 card help ? no need to patch anything ? but does it affect the audio problems I have cuz with the stein berg sound card when looking on the console (screen on page 2) shows that it's directly related to usb, but with the other one it shows some strange core audio kernel errors

please AMD gurus help me

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I wish I had some way to test it myself. However install the drivers for the device and reboot. Upon reboot run kextstat | grep -v com.apple in Terminal and see if the kexts are even loaded. I've actually found a few posts online of issues on High Sierra with this device not just on a hack. Their website states to make sure the kexts are allowed to load,

• Disconnect your audio interface by unplugging its cable.
  • Download the latest software for your audio interface:
    https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads.html
  • Run the uninstaller included in any download for Yamaha Steinberg hardware for macOS (for example, "Uninstall Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver.app").
  • The uninstallation requires a restart.
  • After the uninstallation has been completed, reinstall the Yamaha Steinberg driver or the "TOOLS for..." application.
  • Make sure to follow the instructions to allow the "System software from developer "Yamaha Corporation"" to be loaded in the System Preferences .
  • Only after the installation has been completed, connect the audio interface again.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.