Strange issues on Athlon X4 870k

wochgn

AMD OS X Member
Hi there,
I recently installed 10.13.6 with AMD Vanilla clover(OpenCore won't boot for unknown reasons) on my AMD Athlon X4 870k machine.
However, the system timer in macOS seems to be running faster, and it seems no use to select FixRTC in clover configurator or add SSDT-RTC0.aml.
Also, I wasn't able to turn off Verbose Mode, although I removed "-v" arg in config.plist.
And USB3.0 doesn't work properly while USB2.0 is fine.
I have my CLOVER folder here and could anyone help me?
Thanks a lot.

My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DS2-TM and graphic card is a 1050ti

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 14

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Clear Nvram - Clover
You need to Clear Nvram to remove the verbose boot argument. You need to press F11 while on the Clover boot screen to clear Nvram when using Clover.

RTC0 SSDT:
The SSDT-RTC0.aml table you are using is not looking in the correct location in your AMD system. The RTC0 device it is looking for is set for an Intel system, which uses the following ACPI address - /SB.PCI0.LPCB.RTC0

Your RTC0 device uses this ACPI Address - /SB.PCI0.SBRG.RTC0, so it will never work. You need to use an SSDT with the correct ACPI address to fix the Clock issue. If this is what is required.

I have added a copy of a revised SSDT-SBRG-RTC0.aml below for you to use.

FixShutdown-SSDT:
This SSDT is also looking in the wrong location, so it is not working for your AMD system. Your CLOVER/config.plist is also missing the accompanying ACPI Rename patch, which is required to make this SSDT work.

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 20.28.34.png ACPI rename patch required for SSDT-FixShutdown.aml to work

Your AMD system uses XHC0 and XHC1, with the SSDT looking for XHC_.

Your system DSDT.aml contains entries for Nine (9) different USB controllers, as shown in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 20.30.37.png USB controllers in DSDT.aml table

I am not sure if this SSDT will ever work with your AMD system, as it was created specifically for Intel laptop USB issues.

SSDT-EC:
SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml is a generic SSDT, which should only be used when first installing macOS.
Once you have macOS installed you should look to create a custom SSDT-EC.aml for your System using the System DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script.

I have taken the liberty of running the SSDTTime script with your system DSDT.aml and have attached a copy of the Results folder generated. You should use the 2 x SSDT's in the folder and add the two Clover patches to your config.plist.

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 20.43.00.png HPET& IRQ rename patches generated with your DSDT.aml.

Regarding USB power, as you are using the iMac14,2 SMBIOS your system doesn't need an SSDT-USBX.aml. As the USB power requirements for this SMBIOS are hard coded in to macOS High Sierra.

I would recommend removing the SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml table and adding the SSDT-EC.aml in its place.

Attachments

• SSDT-SBRG-RTC0.aml.zip
    847 bytes · Views: 3
  • Results.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 4

wochgn

AMD OS X Member
Clear Nvram - Clover
You need to Clear Nvram to remove the verbose boot argument. You need to press F11 while on the Clover boot screen to clear Nvram when using Clover.

RTC0 SSDT:
The SSDT-RTC0.aml table you are using is not looking in the correct location in your AMD system. The RTC0 device it is looking for is set for an Intel system, which uses the following ACPI address - /SB.PCI0.LPCB.RTC0

Your RTC0 device uses this ACPI Address - /SB.PCI0.SBRG.RTC0, so it will never work. You need to use an SSDT with the correct ACPI address to fix the Clock issue. If this is what is required.

I have added a copy of a revised SSDT-SBRG-RTC0.aml below for you to use.

FixShutdown-SSDT:
This SSDT is also looking in the wrong location, so it is not working for your AMD system. Your CLOVER/config.plist is also missing the accompanying ACPI Rename patch, which is required to make this SSDT work.

View attachment 5607 ACPI rename patch required for SSDT-FixShutdown.aml to work

Your AMD system uses XHC0 and XHC1, with the SSDT looking for XHC_.

Your system DSDT.aml contains entries for Nine (9) different USB controllers, as shown in the screenshot below.

View attachment 5608 USB controllers in DSDT.aml table

I am not sure if this SSDT will ever work with your AMD system, as it was created specifically for Intel laptop USB issues.

SSDT-EC:
SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml is a generic SSDT, which should only be used when first installing macOS.
Once you have macOS installed you should look to create a custom SSDT-EC.aml for your System using the System DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script.

I have taken the liberty of running the SSDTTime script with your system DSDT.aml and have attached a copy of the Results folder generated. You should use the 2 x SSDT's in the folder and add the two Clover patches to your config.plist.

View attachment 5610 HPET& IRQ rename patches generated with your DSDT.aml.

Regarding USB power, as you are using the iMac14,2 SMBIOS your system doesn't need an SSDT-USBX.aml. As the USB power requirements for this SMBIOS are hard coded in to macOS High Sierra.

I would recommend removing the SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml table and adding the SSDT-EC.aml in its place.
Thanks a lot. But I have some questions:
I disabled HPET Clock in my BIOS and is it needed to re-enable that since I generated the DSDT before disabling HPET Clock?
And it seems that I have no problems shutting down with that SSDT...I don't know why but it seems working fine.
And does resetting NVRAM take a lot of time? I tried pressing F11 in Clover this morning but it seems to get into a loop like this:
ACM: deleteCredentialSet: Deleting credential set, CS[113].
ACM: findCredentialSet: returning, err = -2.
ACM: createCredentialSet: Credential set created, CS[114].
ACM: verifyPolicy: Verifying policy DeviceOwnerAuthenticationWithBiometrics, checkKeybagUUID = No, CS[114].
ACM: verifyPolicy: Policy satisfied = No, CS[114].
ACM: deleteCredentialSet: Deleting credential set, CS[114].
ACM: findCredentialSet: returning, err = -2.
(The numbers in square brackets keep increasing)
I don't know if it is normal.

=============================Edited at noon=========================
USB3.0 still dosen't work although I put SSDT-EC.aml correctly.
And every time I reboot I kept receiving "Boot Failure Detected" prompt from BIOS.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The Boot Failure message will usually be related to the system looking for another 'Boot' file, which it can't find. This is most commonly seen if you have Legacy=First set in the GUI section of your config.plist. If your motherboard uses a UEFI bios you don't need to use the Legacy=First entry.

Clearing the Nvram should not end up in a loop. It should result in the system rebooting, with the Nvram entries from the previous config.plist removed from the system. So the new settings are used and there are no conflicts between the two sets of entries. I assume you shut down the system with the power button, once the system was stuck in a loop.

If you have disabled HPET in your bios, you may mot need the SSDT and patches to fix the IRQ conflicts. But usually HPET is enabled when running macOS. Well it is on all my Hack's, I have 9 working hacks.

The use of SSDT-EC.aml should not effect the USB ports, any more than the EC section of the SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml table would. Not using the USBX part of the SSDT might have an effect on the USB ports, as it sets the power management for the ports. But as you are using the iMac14,2 SMBIOS your system shouldn't need the USB Power settings to be added from an external table. They are built-in to the way macOS works with the iMac14,2 SMBIOS. If you were using the iMac17,1 SMBIOS you would most definitely require the SSDT-USBX.aml table for USB Power management, as Apple removed it from macOS for that SMBIOS and any newer systems.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.