Steinberg Cubase Nuendo on AMD OSX ?

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi, everybody, any news progress about Steinberg Cubase Nuendo on AMD OSX ?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi, everybody, any news progress about Steinberg Cubase Nuendo on AMD OSX ?

I Tried to get cubase 10.5 up and running yesterday on my 5900x using big sur and I failed miserably....lol....it try’s to open crashes and just shuts straight off. I’ve tried running with no plugins and got the same result but the same plugins work in logic and Ableton so it ain’t that.
Ive scoured the net looking for a fix but the only one listed doesnt work so I just gave up....lol
Interestingly I have read people saying they use it and wavelab as there daily driver but when I try and delve into how they got it working I don’t get a response so unfortunately I smell horse poo there....😂😂😂
If anybody else reads this and has got Cubase, Wavelab or Nuendo working and cares to tell us how it was done with proof then please do enlighten me.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I Tried to get cubase 10.5 up and running yesterday on my 5900x using big sur and I failed miserably....lol....it try’s to open crashes and just shuts straight off. I’ve tried running with no plugins and got the same result but the same plugins work in logic and Ableton so it ain’t that.
Ive scoured the net looking for a fix but the only one listed doesnt work so I just gave up....lol
Interestingly I have read people saying they use it and wavelab as there daily driver but when I try and delve into how they got it working I don’t get a response so unfortunately I smell horse poo there....😂😂😂
If anybody else reads this and has got Cubase, Wavelab or Nuendo working and cares to tell us how it was done with proof then please do enlighten me.
Thank you for your answer. At the begining Wavelab works wrell and 2 days after, nothing... even Ableton doesn't works for me. I hope somthing is coming to fix that issue. I am on Catalina. This is the crash issue. Thank you all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 21.19.27.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 21.19.27.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 13

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AMDPUSH Ableton works totally fine for me over here and performs well but how did you get wavelab to even open up?
I can’t get it to boot and get the same result as with cubase.

@Shaneee Do you have any insight on getting steinberg crap working with Ryzen by any chance good buddy?

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi, I remember, it was before a macOs Catalina update and a previous version of OC and before the installation of Nuendo. but i can't remember exactly which version or update. Since Wavelab crash

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Steinberg Spectralayers works....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 09.33.05.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 09.33.05.png
    883.5 KB · Views: 9

ProjectEnthusiast

AMD OS X Member
I don't use a Ryzen hackintosh anymore but if memory serves Cubase 10 does work if you remove the SurroundPanner VST3 from the Cubase.app bundle.

Spectralayers is unaffected.

Your options are either to switch to a KVM hackintosh, switch to Windows or use another DAW.

Last edited:

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I am already in Dual Boot with Windows.
That's really stupid form Steinberg, because Protools works, and if somebody have bought a legal license he deserves to be able to use it even if its at his own risk.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

This a cracked version of cubase, and it doesn't work.
What is DRM protection ?

raffan

AMD OS X Member
Its baios.bundle file from Cubase LE AI Elements 9.5 from official download. Replace in the Cubase Elements 11/Contents/Components/ in the application folder. Work fine in my case (ryzen 5900x mac os monterey)

Attachments

• baios.bundle.zip
    422.7 KB · Views: 8

raffan

AMD OS X Member

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.