State of ryzentosh?

savage001

Jun 4, 2020
I don’t really want to spend another $500 on the same motherboard if I can’t get it warrantied, can anyone suggest a viable lower cost replacement with 2 x m.2 slots? For my R5 3600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buki

Jun 26, 2020
Hello. There are some apps that don't work. Others need some patching like the Adobe apps.

CPU PM is a WIP, https://github.com/trulyspinach/SMCAMDProcessor

If you need to run VMs then only VBox will work on an AMD machine.

Audio works with AppleALC only the mic won't work for now.

If there's anything specific you'd like to know just ask.
Hi, Shaneee. About Asus X570 e-gaming and the bios v2203. I triple checked the parameters in bios, but cant booting, something has changed with new microcode.
I believe its has to do with kernel patch, maybe we need a new set! What do you think.

savage001

Jun 4, 2020
Another motherboard being sent back for RA. I’m starting to think I’m cursed.
I actually think it’s the new case, system booted without issues out of case, once installed in the case it went pop. I got the inwin 101c. I’ve build plenty of PCs so I know about standoffs etc but this is the first build with built in I/o shield. When I receive the next motherboard I’ll be installing in my old case (Corsair 760t) and just forget about USB c for now.

savage001

Jun 4, 2020
Before I get another motherboard sent back to me I’m wondering what people’s opinions are on the Asus ROG Strix B550-E Gaming?
It has the 2 x m.2 slots that I need, looks like audio is supported by AppleALC, but will it support nvram, and be a viable ryzentosh?

savage001

Jun 4, 2020
Ok received my third replacement motherboard and I can finally say my system is running.
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi Motherboard
Sapphire RX580 8Gb
16Gb DDR4 (was 32 but 1 stick went bad)
2 x Samsung 970 evo 512g
Fenvi T919 wifi / bt
Phanteks Eclipse P500A Airflow Tempered Glass Black
Corsair commander pro
Corsair ML140 fans
Corsair 280mm AIO (to be installed when I get the standoffs)
I think I did a good job.
Next is to install macOS Catalina on a ssd then tackle Big Sur or do I just jump straight to big sur?