[sovled & sound actually works]Failed at macOS update assistant when installing Monterey

geeinhub

AMD OS X Member
Hi Everyone~,
I tried to install Monterey on my desktop with below hardware config
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard: Asus Tuf B550m plus wifi II (ah...my fault, didn't notice the gen II when buying the CPU+Board suite, seems the MT7921 could not work, no driver...)
GPU: Amd RX6600
SSD: Two M2 SSD, I'm installing Monterey on the second SSS which is regarded as external? (maybe this point caused the issue?)
OC: 0.8.0 Debug, my EFI should be OK for installation, however, after first reboot, I got macos update assistant error,
this is my first time to install Monterey (not noticed such assistant when installing Catalina before)
Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• macos_update_assistant.jpg
    macos_update_assistant.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi Everyone~,
I tried to install Monterey on my desktop with below hardware config
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard: Asus Tuf B550m plus wifi II (ah...my fault, didn't notice the gen II when buying the CPU+Board suite, seems the MT7921 could not work, no driver...)
GPU: Amd RX6600
SSD: Two M2 SSD, I'm installing Monterey on the second SSS which is regarded as external? (maybe this point caused the issue?)

OC: 0.8.0 Debug, my EFI should be OK for installation, however, after first reboot, I got macos update assistant error,
this is my first time to install Monterey (not noticed such assistant when installing Catalina before)

Thanks for any advice.
Hi there,

Which version of Monterey are you trying to install? If 12.4 I'd suggest to add AppleReporterDisabler.kext into your kernel list if you haven't already.
Also make sure XHCIPortLimit is disabled and NVMEFix.kext is enabled. I'd also advise to turn on BlacklistAppleUpdate under Misc > Security.

If you are installing Monterey on a 2nd drive, it should have its own EFI partition and EFI folder. If it is booting from that then there should be no issue.
Try to boot the 2nd Monterey boot drive from your BIOS boot menu ie. F8.

geeinhub

AMD OS X Member
Hi there,

Which version of Monterey are you trying to install? If 12.4 I'd suggest to add AppleReporterDisabler.kext into your kernel list if you haven't already.
Also make sure XHCIPortLimit is disabled and NVMEFix.kext is enabled. I'd also advise to turn on BlacklistAppleUpdate under Misc > Security.

If you are installing Monterey on a 2nd drive, it should have its own EFI partition and EFI folder. If it is booting from that then there should be no issue.
Try to boot the 2nd Monterey boot drive from your BIOS boot menu ie. F8.
Hi @Middleman , thanks for quick reply, and yes, I'm installing 12.4, just now I removed second ssd and tried to install on first ssd, still that error.
mmm... my XHCIPortLimit & BlacklistAppleUpdate setting should be ok, and NVMEFix.kext already involved, just as your suggested,
not sure AppleReporterDisabler.kext , you meant AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext? If so, it's also added.

but still failed to block the Apple Update Assistant during installation?

I downloaded AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext from dortania guide and going to try again, coz I copied other's kexts folder and run clean snaphost in PropTree , maybe the kext is corrupt?

or maybe I need to try 12.3?

besides, I used iMacPro1,1

Attachments

• appleupdateblacklist_20220625132444.jpg
    appleupdateblacklist_20220625132444.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 4
  • kexts_20220625132453.jpg
    kexts_20220625132453.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 3
  • XHCIPortLimit _20220625132449.jpg
    XHCIPortLimit _20220625132449.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 4

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
quite odd...no OC menu at startup, maybe I missed something else?
Make sure OpenCanopy and OpenRuntime.efi are added and enabled under UEFI > Drivers and that the config.plist passes sanity checks.

geeinhub

AMD OS X Member
Make sure OpenCanopy and OpenRuntime.efi are added and enabled under UEFI > Drivers and that the config.plist passes sanity checks.
Thank you, missing Opencanopy in UEFI > Drivers , but it succeeded while I'm still checking your reply, I just changed a USB port, from front panel to motherboard and added hfsplus.efi (added openhfsplus.efi before), however , it restarted nearly 10 times and downloaded a lot before installation done, quite odd?

eh...seems the sound not working..

Attachments

• monterey_20220625150210.jpg
    monterey_20220625150210.jpg
    614.7 KB · Views: 4

geeinhub

AMD OS X Member
regarding the sound...I followed dortania's audio fixing post-install guide again, checked everything, tried every alcid & added alcdelay,
still no sound from my new display monitor, finally, I realized just now --- it doesn't have a built-in speaker, only a 3.5mm interface for output, oh jeez....o_Oo_Oo_O

xiang21131

AMD OS X Member
关于声音...我再次按照dortania的音频修复安装后指南,检查了所有内容,尝试了每个alcid并添加了alcdelay,
仍然没有来自我的新显示器的声音,最后,我刚刚意识到---它没有内置扬声器,只有一个3.5mm接口用于输出,哦,天哪....n_nn_nn_n
我可以共享 EFI 吗?

xiang21131

AMD OS X Member
您可以共享 EFI 吗?
关于声音...我再次按照dortania的音频修复安装后指南,检查了所有内容,尝试了每个alcid并添加了alcdelay,
仍然没有来自我的新显示器的声音,最后,我刚刚意识到---它没有内置扬声器,只有一个3.5mm接口用于输出,哦,天哪....n_nn_nn_n

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.