Sound & Reboot issues - FX series

sam298

AMD OS X Member
I am testing opencore so I can upgrade. I installed fresh mojave. Installation and booting went smooth. I followed the tutorial and created plist (attached)
Everything is working fine except the two
Sound - sound get cuts every 2 seconds with crackling noise. Happens in analog out as well as hdmi (I just added applealc kext without adding alcid in bootargs - works in clover and oc)
I am using voodoohda kext. If I boot using clover, no issues. No youtube video crash or anything. But the distorted audio occurs in system sounds too.
Reboot - If I try to reboot, it shutsdown, monitor goes off but the cpu fan keeps running and it won't turn on back.

Can you please check if I am missing something in plist? Usb webcams are not detected. I know it is an issue with clover - wondering if opencore fixed it for FX series.
Tried iMacPro1,1 and iMac14,2. No difference. May be I need a DSDT? I am not savvy to create one.
This issue exists in all versions. I had 10.15.4. Tried to downgrade to 10.15.1 so I can use clover for audio but the installer silently installs 10.15.4. So I downgraded to mojave.

Attachments

• config.plist
    43.5 KB · Views: 9

spykor

AMD OS X Member
I am testing opencore so I can upgrade. I installed fresh mojave. Installation and booting went smooth. I followed the tutorial and created plist (attached)
Everything is working fine except the two
Sound - sound get cuts every 2 seconds with crackling noise. Happens in analog out as well as hdmi (I just added applealc kext without adding alcid in bootargs - works in clover and oc)
I am using voodoohda kext. If I boot using clover, no issues. No youtube video crash or anything. But the distorted audio occurs in system sounds too.
Reboot - If I try to reboot, it shutsdown, monitor goes off but the cpu fan keeps running and it won't turn on back.

Can you please check if I am missing something in plist? Usb webcams are not detected. I know it is an issue with clover - wondering if opencore fixed it for FX series.
Tried iMacPro1,1 and iMac14,2. No difference. May be I need a DSDT? I am not savvy to create one.
This issue exists in all versions. I had 10.15.4. Tried to downgrade to 10.15.1 so I can use clover for audio but the installer silently installs 10.15.4. So I downgraded to mojave.

For the building of DSDT and the relevant EC0 SSDT specific for your motherboard you can use the tools and instruction from this youtube video
. The guy is pretty thorough in his instructions, but you need a Windows installation for it to work. If you have Windows 10 as an option on your PC then go ahead. It's no-brain procedure. Otherwise you might use Clover (F4) -when you are in the Clover menu before you boot something- to extract yous DSDT and SSDTs for your motherboard. Clover will place them in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/original. Then you can grab the DSTD from there and a ready-made SSDT-EC from the Opencore instructions site, depending on your CPU (15h, 16h or 17h) Bulldozer, etc.
As for the sound on Hackintosh Mojave, I use VoodooHDA and it works just fine. On the other hand I use Clover v5 r5116 as boot loader, so this might make some difference.
My main problems continues to be the Power management. The PC will not fully shut down. When I shut it down, the system reports CPU halt the screen goes dark but the PC light indicating power on stays on all the time, until I press the Power button and turn it off manually.
I hope someone might come up with a solution for this.
I also have some problem with certain webpages in Safari, they keep reloading. Opera seem to do OK with the same pages!
I am going to stay away from Opencore for a while. It seems very particular in the way it works, depending on the motherboard. I spend more than 2 weeks trying to build a Opencore Mojave Installer but no matter what combinations of drivers and kexts I tried, it always stuck on the Opencore menu with no keyboard response. Clover never had that problem!

sam298

AMD OS X Member
Fixed the sound issue finally by using full sample plist and editing CPU frequency.
I am using 0.5.8 opencore
Drivers: Vboxhfs, Openruntime
Kexts required: Voodoohda (hdmi and analog audio works), Realtek8111, VirtualSMC, XLNCUSBFix, Lilu
Optional kexts: Whatevergreen (testing DRM currently not working), Nullethernet (for imessage)
AML: ssdt-rmne.aml for imessage

CMOS reset: Fixed by adding fix in OC 0.5.8
USB 3.0 ports working at full speed
Graphics, sleep, shutdown etc. works

Not working: Restart not working, Webcam no video, USB2 slow speeds

Last edited:

RobertNeville

AMD OS X Member
Fixed the sound issue finally by using full sample plist and editing CPU frequency.
I am using 0.5.8 opencore
Drivers: Vboxhfs, Openruntime
Kexts required: Voodoohda (hdmi and analog audio works), Realtek8111, VirtualSMC, XLNCUSBFix, Lilu
Optional kexts: Whatevergreen (testing DRM currently not working), Nullethernet (for imessage)
AML: ssdt-rmne.aml for imessage

CMOS reset: Fixed by adding fix in OC 0.5.8
USB 3.0 ports working at full speed
Graphics, sleep, shutdown etc. works

Not working: Restart not working, Webcam no video, USB2 slow speeds
I have the same problem, can you tell me please how did you set the cpu frequency?

maclinux1960

AMD OS X Member
Hello sam298,
I have also a legacy Hackintosh with the same CPU and GPU.
What did you set at CPU frequency?

With OpenCore my Sound makes the same Problems like yours in the past.
I also have my USB 2.0 very slow.

Regards from Germany maclinux1960

sam298

AMD OS X Member
I have the same problem, can you tell me please how did you set the cpu frequency?

From the OC release folder, instead of starting from sample plist, use the full sample plist. Under platform info section, you can set cpu freq and bus speed.
Check thread here, I’ve posted working clover and oc plist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sam298

AMD OS X Member
Hello sam298,
I have also a legacy Hackintosh with the same CPU and GPU.
What did you set at CPU frequency?

With OpenCore my Sound makes the same Problems like yours in the past.
I also have my USB 2.0 very slow.

Regards from Germany maclinux1960

In bios, instead of auto cpu freq, set x18 so the freq is 3600mhz. Cpu freq in bios should match cpu freq in plist.
Usb 2 will be at usb 1.1 speeds only. Only good for mouse and keyboard. Use a usb hub to a usb 3 port if you need more ports with high speed.

RobertNeville

AMD OS X Member
From the OC release folder, instead of starting from sample plist, use the full sample plist. Under platform info section, you can set cpu freq and bus speed.
Check thread here, I’ve posted working clover and oc plist.

Thanks man
It’s work, finally i have a functional Hackintosh

FTICET

AMD OS X Member
IT WORKS......THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!! I WAS FREAKING OUT BECAUSE OF THIS... YOU A LIFE SAVIOR THANK YOU. Set the Clock Ratio to 18x 0.5x higher than normal and the bus speed to manual.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.