[SOLVED] Weird artifacts when installer loads with B550 board

rohowsky

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys! I just built a new PC to start with my first ryzentosh, but I am having some issues. I am a beginner and at the moment I just managed to make work a highly compatible configuration like the HP 8300 both with Clover and Opencore. My new configuration has the following components:

Mainboard Gigabyte B550M DS3H
CPU Ryzen 3 3100
GPU RX460
RAM G.Skill 2x8Gb 3200

I set up Opencore by following the guide by Cortania. The installer loads but it shows weird artifacts, like in the picture I posted. Any idea what the problem might be?
In the link, you can also find my EFI folder and my config.plist file.

EFI folder

Attachments

• IMG_0392.JPG
    IMG_0392.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 15

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Add agdpmod=pikera in your boot arguments to see if it helps.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Update to the latest BIOS revision. It seems to be related to AGESA.

rohowsky

AMD OS X Member
Update to the latest BIOS revision. It seems to be related to AGESA.

Thanks man! It worked. :)

Now everything seems to be working. The only issue is an error that I get every time I run macOS . It's about mismatched RAM modules and maximum supported memory (see picture below). Should I change the ram modules' position on the motherboard?
Currently, I am using the slots suggested on the mainboard's manual for the first two modules.

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-10-12 alle 13.11.13.png
    Schermata 2020-10-12 alle 13.11.13.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 11

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
From that I can say you are using MacPro7,1 SMBios. Change it to iMacPro1,1 and you'll fix that issue.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.