SOLVED: Stuck at Opencore Boot Menu

dukefb

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone,

I followed the vanilla guide step by step (at least thats what I think I did) and whenever i try to install it I cant get past the boot menu of opencore because the keyboard is unresponsive. The lights of the keyboard are on (I've tried plugging it in to different usb sources) but whenever I press a number or any other key it does not work. What can be the problem? I've searched online for similar problems but I guess nobody got stuck in the boot menu. And I've tried some of the solutions I found online but they failed as well.

My system can be seen below

CPU: AMD FX: 8370
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Graphics Card: AMD RADEON R9 290

And my EFI folder can be found in the attachments.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

marsb007

AMD OS X Member
Does your keyboard work in the BIOS? If it does, then it’s an OC config issue... use a different OC folder if you can to test out. If your keyboard doesn’t work in the BIOS, use a different keyboard.

dukefb

AMD OS X Member
@marsb007 Well my keyboard works perfectly fine in bios and there are no problems with the keyboard when I open the boot menu to boot from the usb I made for catalina. In opencore boot menu the keyboard gets power, I can tell that from its lights turning on but its just not responsive.

As you said it may be an OC config issue, I'll try to look into that.

dukefb

AMD OS X Member
I keep getting stuck at this stage. there is power to the keyboard because the lights are on but the keys won't respond....

Attachments

• 20200519_002700.jpg
    20200519_002700.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30

Great

AMD OS X Member
Have you ever figure this out?
I have exactly same problem and I think it's motherboard related since I'm using the same board.

Great

AMD OS X Member
Just want to say that version 0.5.9 of opencore solve this issue.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.