Solved: Stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 with GT710 (GK208)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Seems fine. Only thing I'd say is why do you have a slide value in your boot args? Remove that and make sure you've got the latest version of Lilu and WEG.

proton

AMD OS X Member
It is OC 0.6.3 with all the latest kexts released with it. I saw the only so many slides on the log, so I thought that may be the problem. I will remove it.

proton

AMD OS X Member
It is OC 0.6.3 with all the latest kexts released with it. I saw the only so many slides on the log, so I thought that may be the problem. I will remove it.
Same result @Shaneee :(
Turns out it is an issue with some of the Motherboards. I was discussing it with someone on the discord, and he was able to boot it up by just switching it to a b350 mobo. Do you think that there can be some patch/hack that may help fix it?

Last edited:

KnechtNoobrecht

AMD OS X Member
I have the same problem.
Getting stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 as soon as i install NVIDIA Web Drivers on High Sierra 10.13.6 Build 17G14033.
Whats odd is that i took my SSD where macOS is installed on out of my PC and put it into my brothers PC (Asus B350F) and it worked smoothly.
I just changed the recommended BIOS settings before i booted and it just worked. I did not change anything regarding macOS/OpenCore. I took it from here, put it there. So i guess the Motherboard is the issue here but i cant accept that as i have the same settings as i had on the B350 board.

proton

AMD OS X Member
I tried OC 0.5.7, just to see if that will help, but it failed in the same spot. @Shaneee can you, when free, have a look at my DSDT and suggest if some patching can help? I really want to make the Hackintosh work and make it my main driver, but without the driver, I am not even able to use Skype.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
What connector are you using? macOS has issues with the VGA and sometimes DVI, this includes adapters.

proton

AMD OS X Member
What connector are you using? macOS has issues with the VGA and sometimes DVI, this includes adapters.
I am directly connecting to HDMI, no adapter or anything.

wintersun52

AMD OS X Member
I figured that I was looking at the wrong place for the issue. The posts above are from the log that was saved to EFI root. When I recorded the verbose (literally on my mobile), I saw that the display is shutting down after IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
Upon checking the Troubleshooting page, I tried all the steps that seemed relevant for my GT 710.
shikigva=40
agdpmod=vit9696
Changed the SMBIOS to iMac14,2
Tried to find a way to force PCIe to 3.0, but the card only supports PCIe 2.0. Can this be the reason?
My monitor is connected directly (no adapters) to the HDMI port, should I try any other port?

Has anyone been successful with GT 710 paired with Ryzen 5 3600x on a B450?
Hi I have had success with a similar setup, I cannot boot with the latest Kernel Patches the problem is patch 32, when i replace -
uXcCAAC4BgYGBroGBgYGDzAPCQ==
With this :
uXcCAAC4BgEHALoGAQcADx9AAA==
Using PlistEdit Pro it boot every time with no problems.

proton

AMD OS X Member
Hi I have had success with a similar setup, I cannot boot with the latest Kernel Patches the problem is patch 32, when i replace -
uXcCAAC4BgYGBroGBgYGDzAPCQ==
With this :
uXcCAAC4BgEHALoGAQcADx9AAA==
Using PlistEdit Pro it boot every time with no problems.
YES!!!!
Thank you so much!!!
This absolutely worked!

proton

AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee Should this go as a note in troubleshooting IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0?

Rajabaja1314

AMD OS X Member
@proton @Shaneee iam facing same issue.. AAPL: [EB|`B:WFDW] Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49
specs: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 ; ASUSTek ,Model PRIME A320M-K (AM4) ; Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Series ;232GB Seagate ST3250318AS (SATA ) just for mac os installation , usb2.0 16gb sanddisk pendrive,
i used opencore 0.6.3 and while booting the screen got stuck at apple logo for 20 min twice, i followed each and every step from dortania and did sanity check also . now iam stuck i dont know what to do.
P.S : i didn't find any above 4g decoding option in my motherboard setting as we have to enable it before

Attachments

• config.plist
    52.8 KB · Views: 15

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Rajabaja1314 As you've said there's no 4G option in your bios you're missing the npci=0x2000 arg in your config under boot-args.

wintersun52

AMD OS X Member
Hi, Forum will not upload my EFI, I got it working by setting - Enabled on Kernal Patch 39 to (No) and Kernal Patch 38 to (Yes), hope this helps.

wintersun52

AMD OS X Member
Just figured it out had to convert EFI into zip. So here is my EFI OpenCore 0.6.7.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.5 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.