[SOLVED] RX 5500 XT Monterey 12.3 FIX

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
Can anyone tell me how to fake my RX 5500 XT to a MPX variant?

FIX:

<key>Add</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>@0,name</key>
<string>ATY,Python</string>
<key>@1,name</key>
<key>@2,name</key>
<key>@3,name</key>
<key>ATY,EFIVersion</key>
<string>01.01.231</string>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>ATY,PythonParent</string>
</dict>
</dict>

Last edited:

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
From another post on here:

Radeon 5500:

<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict> <key>Add</key>
<dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict> <key>@0,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string>
<key>@1,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string>
<key>@2,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string>
<key>@3,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string>
</dict>
</dict> <key>Delete</key>
<dict/>
</dict>

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
From another post on here:

Radeon 5500:

<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict> <key>Add</key>
<dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict> <key>@0,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string>
<key>@1,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string>
<key>@2,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string>
<key>@3,name</key> <string>ATY,Python</string>
</dict>
</dict> <key>Delete</key>
<dict/>
</dict>
1647787542247.png
Total crash.

1647787624815.png
This is how it usually is. And works. Well, normally I leave it empty.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
I don't really have an answer, have yet to try with my 5600XT, sorry.
I do know a lot of folks are working on the problem.....

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
1B75DA9C-892F-4381-8B37-E7F0E5E0B292.jpeg

Attachments

• 11FEDD1D-1C63-4685-BBEB-8B96ADF71447.jpeg
    11FEDD1D-1C63-4685-BBEB-8B96ADF71447.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IDKWTF.plist
    35.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
A lot of that verbose text is related to the fact you have AppleALC.kext and AppleALCU.kext installed in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. Your motherboard contains the Realtek ALC1220-VB codec. So you don't need the AppleALCU.kext in your setup. That kext is solely for systems with a USB audio codec.

Remove the kext and config.plist entry.

Also you have three SSDT's shown as being present in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder, but none of the three are Enabled.

You are two ACPI/patches in your config.plist that require the SSDT-HPET.aml be enabled and present for the renames to work. You don't appear to have the SSDT-HPET.aml SSDT in your setup, unless SSDT-rmne.aml is it.

Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 22.48.09.png Screenshot showing ACPI section of your config.plist.

1. Why are you using NullEthernet.kext, you have an Ethernet controller, so shouldn't be using this kext.
  2. You have AppleIGB.kext, SmallTreeIntel82576.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext present in your config, why? Your motherboard only has a 1GB Intel Ethernet port.
  3. You have 19 kexts in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. Do you know what each and everyone of them does?
  4. Do you actually need all of those kexts, specifically AGPMInjector.kext and DAGPM.kext?
  5. You have -lilubetaall and -alcbeta boot arguments, why. You aren't running any beta software. Remove them.
  6. You have kext-dev-mode=1 boot argument, why? This boot argument has had no use for many years and many releases of macOS. It was probably last required when running OS X Yosemite or macOS El Capitan!
  7. Where is the PlatformInfo section from your config.plist, did you delete it on purpose? Or is it actually missing from your config.plist?
  8. Where is the Tools section from your config.plist?
  9. You are missing part of the NVRAM section of your config.plist too!
  10. You are using HfsPlus.efi and OpenHfsPlus.efi, you don't need both. Use HfsPlus.efi as it is a faster and better HHS+ driver.
  11. You don't need OpenPArtitionDxe.efi, unless you are running older versions of OSX Mavericks and earlier.
  12. You don't need OpenUsbKbDxe.efi or XhciDxe.efi with your 'modern' UEFI BIOS.
  13. You don't need AudioDxe.efi if you don't use the Apple boot chime. It has no bearing on the macOS or Windows Audio functions.
  14. You should be running macOS with SIP enabled. You have an older entry for disabling SIP <67000000>.
  15. If you want to disable SIP you need to use the information in this link - # Disable SIP
In other words the config.plist you posted above is a complete mess. I

f you really DNWTF you are doing, at least you are in the right place for some help.

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
A lot of that verbose text is related to the fact you have AppleALC.kext and AppleALCU.kext installed in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. Your motherboard contains the Realtek ALC1220-VB codec. So you don't need the AppleALCU.kext in your setup. That kext is solely for systems with a USB audio codec.

Remove the kext and config.plist entry.

Also you have three SSDT's shown as being present in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder, but none of the three are Enabled.

You are two ACPI/patches in your config.plist that require the SSDT-HPET.aml be enabled and present for the renames to work. You don't appear to have the SSDT-HPET.aml SSDT in your setup, unless SSDT-rmne.aml is it.

View attachment 5447 Screenshot showing ACPI section of your config.plist.

1. Why are you using NullEthernet.kext, you have an Ethernet controller, so shouldn't be using this kext.
  2. You have AppleIGB.kext, SmallTreeIntel82576.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext present in your config, why? Your motherboard only has a 1GB Intel Ethernet port.
  3. You have 19 kexts in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. Do you know what each and everyone of them does?
  4. Do you actually need all of those kexts, specifically AGPMInjector.kext and DAGPM.kext?
  5. You have -lilubetaall and -alcbeta boot arguments, why. You aren't running any beta software. Remove them.
  6. You have kext-dev-mode=1 boot argument, why? This boot argument has had no use for many years and many releases of macOS. It was probably last required when running OS X Yosemite or macOS El Capitan!
  7. Where is the PlatformInfo section from your config.plist, did you delete it on purpose? Or is it actually missing from your config.plist?
  8. Where is the Tools section from your config.plist?
  9. You are missing part of the NVRAM section of your config.plist too!
  10. You are using HfsPlus.efi and OpenHfsPlus.efi, you don't need both. Use HfsPlus.efi as it is a faster and better HHS+ driver.
  11. You don't need OpenPArtitionDxe.efi, unless you are running older versions of OSX Mavericks and earlier.
  12. You don't need OpenUsbKbDxe.efi or XhciDxe.efi with your 'modern' UEFI BIOS.
  13. You don't need AudioDxe.efi if you don't use the Apple boot chime. It has no bearing on the macOS or Windows Audio functions.
  14. You should be running macOS with SIP enabled. You have an older entry for disabling SIP <67000000>.
  15. If you want to disable SIP you need to use the information in this link - # Disable SIP
In other words the config.plist you posted above is a complete mess. I

f you really DNWTF you are doing, at least you are in the right place for some help.
Many of my extra kexts were for testing purposes xD
1- When smalltreeintel broke i had to find new ways to bring ethernet back to life. I ended up buying a USB ethernet. Because it never worked again.
2- Testing. Gotta clean up btw, but they are disabled.
3- Mostly~
4- Nope
5- Sound problems just like Ethernet, so testing too. Also ended up buying a USB DAC.
6- Started with el capitan lol
7- deleted
8- I don't use tools
9- same, deleted down from platform info
10- oh i didn't know that (EDIT: tried and broke the boot, enabling openHFS again...)
11-13 ok (I need openUSB or I can't select the OS :D)
14 - I don't really want to? SIP will make harder to modify things later.

No, I always have RX 5500 XT SSDT, but I disabled it just in case. Nothing changed btw.

Last edited:

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
46A32B91-E1C8-40A5-AB70-D8A2C1736D08.jpegChanged everything and...

It just keeps crashing. @N,name breaks every boot. And I can perfectly boot without @N,name .-.

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
Crashing. Every time that I use Device props. + @N,name... But without that it always boots...

IMG_0335.jpeg

Attachments

• SSDT-RX5500XT.aml.zip
    1 KB · Views: 8
  • config.plist
    31.6 KB · Views: 7

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of your PCIe Devices plist, as exported from Hackintool on the PCIe tab.

Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 19.13.22.png Hackintool > PCIe tab - Export icon highlighted in red rectangle

Compress and attach a copy of the file here.

Post a copy of your IOReg, use the version of IORegistryExplorer attached below.

How to Make a Copy of IOReg (Note 1)
1. IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As…. (no extension required)
2. Open file to verify (Note 2)
3. Attach to post (Note 3)

Installation
1, Open Downloads/IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3
2. Drag IORegistryExplorer to Applications

Notes
1. An IOReg.txt is not useful. It is not a "Copy of IOReg." Do not attach .txt files.
2. IOReg must open the file. If TextEdit opens, See Note 1.
3. Compress it (Finder/Compress ... )

Do not use a newer version, as it is likely to corrupt the IOReg.

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3.zip
    272.8 KB · Views: 2

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
Post a copy of your PCIe Devices plist, as exported from Hackintool on the PCIe tab.

View attachment 5458 Hackintool > PCIe tab - Export icon highlighted in red rectangle

Compress and attach a copy of the file here.

Post a copy of your IOReg, use the version of IORegistryExplorer attached below.

How to Make a Copy of IOReg (Note 1)
1. IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As…. (no extension required)
2. Open file to verify (Note 2)
3. Attach to post (Note 3)

Installation
1, Open Downloads/IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3
2. Drag IORegistryExplorer to Applications

Notes
1. An IOReg.txt is not useful. It is not a "Copy of IOReg." Do not attach .txt files.
2. IOReg must open the file. If TextEdit opens, See Note 1.
3. Compress it (Finder/Compress ... )

Do not use a newer version, as it is likely to corrupt the IOReg.
Solved with this code:

<key>Add</key>
<dict>
<dict>
<key>@0,name</key>
<key>@1,name</key>
<key>@2,name</key>
<key>@3,name</key>
<key>device_type</key>
</dict>
</dict>

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Does that fix have an impact on fan speed of the card? I hear different things about it (that it runs on full speed after applying said fix)

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
Does that fix have an impact on fan speed of the card? I hear different things about it (that it runs on full speed after applying said fix)
Mine works pretty fine

Fooose

AMD OS X Member
Solved with this code:

<key>Add</key>
<dict>
<dict>
<key>@0,name</key>
<key>@1,name</key>
<key>@2,name</key>
<key>@3,name</key>
<key>device_type</key>
</dict>
</dict>
Thanks for this solution, it works as it should.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.