[SOLVED] Multiple displays working?

allenb256

AMD OS X Member
Hi All, I've been running a Catalina Ryzentosh for some time now. Works really well. Tonight I tried adding a second display though, and it's not recognized. I'm using an Radeon RX570 with a primary display connected to the first DP. As I recall, the display would only work with that first port. Now I've tried adding a second monitor via the 2nd DP interface. That monitor works during boot (in fact, it takes over as the primary display) and continues through the OSX console logging. However, once the Catalina appears, only my original monitor is active. The secondary monitor goes into power saving, and nothing in Catalina (System Preferences->Displays, System Report->Graphics/Displays) shows any evidence of it.

Seems like maybe something is necessary in config.plist to enable this? I've looked and re-read the instructions but didn't see anything.

Thanks,
Allen

Deleted member 473

AMD OS X Member
If not
try to use WEG kext..it maps your port and you should see them

allenb256

AMD OS X Member
Ah, that looks like the way to go. My basic configuration worked perfectly without WEG so never went down that route. Unfortunately it's not well documented so I'll have to hack at this tomorrow. Right now I'm seeing "OC: Prelink injection WhateverGreen.kext () - Invalid Parameter" which seems to be a common problem. I'll give it a better look this weekend and report back.

Thanks,
Allen

allenb256

AMD OS X Member
Strange result, but perhaps it will help someone else:

Used all this as an excuse to move from OC 0.5.8 to 0.6.3. That's done but (as expected) it didn't fix the multi-display issue and didn't allow WEG to load.

What did work was changing from iMacPro1,1 to MacPro7,1. With that done, I appear to have full functionality and two monitors working as expected. Will plug in a third monitor shortly but not expecting trouble.

Cheers,
Allen

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.