[SOLVED] - Issues with Wireless Mice and USB Hard Drives & Thumb Drives

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I have been under the assumption for the last 4 weeks that my USB mapping was not complete, despite Hackintool saying otherwise. I have a Logitech M585 mouse and a Logitech MX anywhere keyboard. Both are Bluetooth, as well as supporting the Logitech Unifying Receiver. I did have them both setup as Bluetooth, however I found that I was unable to switch between operating systems on bootup. So I set them up to use the Unifying Receiver. I had the Receiver plugged into the back, however when I pugged a USB storage drive in the back. the mouse became erratic, froze etc, and the Keyboard would also act up. I moved the Receiver to the front, and all worked well, except when I put a USB drive in the front as well. So here I am thinking there is a clash of USB drivers using the same port controller?
Anyway, yesterday I experienced the same issue in MS Windows, which tells me my USB port mapping must be okay in Catalina? So I did a search, and sure enough USB 3 drives are known to clash with 2.4Ghz controllers, if they are too close together. I have plugged my receiver, into an extension cable/USB hub, as well as plugged a USB drive into a few different ports, and so far all is well.
Hopefully, the above info is of some use to another user (If something similar hasn't been posted here before.)

Here are some articles:-

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.