(Solved) Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WIFI Ryzen 5 2600 Stalling on OC 5.8

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello, new to the forum but participate in several other Hackintosh sites. I have to admit I'm stumped although I've read the documentation that seem pertinent, clearly I'm missing something and need help to get OpenCore 5.8 running on my Hack. This is my hardware and I've got this setup running OC5.7 about flawlessly, eventing including sleep works. Trying to upgrade to 5.8 the system hangs booting Catalina 15.4 with the supplemental update installed.
Here is my setup: Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WIFI Ryzen 5 2600, Saphire Pulse RX570, 16GBS Ram and a Samsung 500GB NVME SSD all of which play fine with OC5.7.

I've posted my EFI folder and a picture of the screen where it hangs. I checked the trouble shooting section of the OpenCore guide and it talks about making sure to have the SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml file in ACPI and of course added to config.plist ACPI add section which I do. Hoping someone sees my upload and says "Ah ha!"

Please let me know if you need more info or if I haven't been clear on something and thanks in advance.

Edit: I needed the npci=0x2000 boot argument regardless of the bios setting for Above 4G. Works great again.

Attachments

• Screen Photo.png
    Screen Photo.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the prompt reply! I've read that bit a few times now because of where it hangs. I just don't understand why in OpenCore 5.7 it boots but not in 5.8. I've got the EC patch in place, I didn't have IRQ conflicts as far as I know, my bios is up to date and I've got Above 4G enabled in it and not replicated in the boot arguments. Do I need an SSDT-PMC.aml in ACPI/ Add?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.