[SOLVED] BIOS doesn't read the USB Installer

Standeraas

Hi all, thanks for creating and managing this forum it is a huge help and an opportunity to learn something.

Now I have this weird problem - I have created the USB Installer on my MacBook according to the points in Dortania Guide however when I plug the USB flash drive into the computer it just does not recognise both partitions.

I have created two macOS Journaled partitions with the GUID partition map using Disk Utility, after that I downloaded macOS installer with App Store and used create install command, exactly as written.

On the EFI partition I have the EFI folder with all the OC data, kexts, SSDT, config.plist file checked with the Sanity Checker.

So generally this should work?

Now I know some of you might think that if I have problems at this point it is not a good start but if you care please give me a hint on what I'm missing.

Maybe the flash drive is broken? It is quite slow to be honest.

121174769_2786793611609357_2316568657203034016_n.jpg

121201568_3661941840510737_2105617490601209337_n.jpg

I just don't know what is going on. When chosen this Partition 1 doesn't do anything.
If anyone has some ideas please comment on this thread. Thanks a lot :)

thepensivemonk

Donator
Donator
I ran into this issue with my motherboard when first installing, so maybe it might be worth checking. Ensure your USB is in a USB3 port for the install... USB2 might not work as expected until your system is running properly.

--edit--

Though I see that if your USB key is the Kingston DataTraveler, then that is your USB key. Maybe worth trying another flash drive... sometimes they are just garbage..

pm

Last edited:

Standeraas

I ran into this issue with my motherboard when first installing, so maybe it might be worth checking. Ensure your USB is in a USB3 port for the install... USB2 might not work as expected until your system is running properly.

--edit--

Though I see that if your USB key is the Kingston DataTraveler, then that is your USB key. Maybe worth trying another flash drive... sometimes they are just garbage..

pm

Thanks a lot for your reply :)

I'll be checking the other flash drive soon

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
Why delete it? This might be really helpful for someone else running into the same problem :)

Standeraas

Ah, OK fine enough :)

I simply thought that this is a silly issue and did not want to create garbage here but well yeah there might as well be someone at similar situation :)

Top Bottom