[SOLVED] After upgrade to OC 0.6.0, ethernet doesn't show in network prefs

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
After upgrading to OpenCore 0.6.0, everything seemingly works just fine except my Realtek ethernet adapter doesn't show on Network preferences. Although it doesn't show on Network Prefs, the ethernet still works. About this Mac/System Report shows the ethernet present. It also shows up in Hackintool, but not as a built in device. Normally, it would be an annoyance I could live with, but I would like to give the ethernet priority over WIFI when transferring files to my network shares. RIght now, if WIFI is turned on, files transferred over my home network go thru WIFI, not ethernet. Under normal circumstances, network priority is changed in the network prefs, but since ethernet doesn't show, I can't change it.

Any ideas?
I've attached a copy of my config.plist with serials stripped.
sysreport.jpgnetprefs.jpgefitree.jpg

Attachments

• mycopy-config.plist
    40.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
After searching several sites, I didn't find any others with the exact same issue, but it gave me some ideas to try. From the OpenCore Guide, Post Installation, Fixing iMessage section, I found my solution. I reset MacOS to rebuild the network interfaces fresh. I simply used Terminal to enter the two commands below and then rebooted. It worked after reboot!

Code:
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@marp I guess this might be interesting for you too.

marp

AMD OS X Member
@Aluveitie Thanks for pointing me here. Although these command lines did fix an issue I wasn't aware of, which was that my NIC wasn't showing up in my Network Preferences, I still needed to add the "built-in" string to my DeviceProperties section of my config to force en1 to be built in. I feel like I may have tried this before but I must have messed up the script.

Good find @wild_eep

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.