Small snag updating to 0.7.2 (solved)

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I've updated my test boot stick to 0.7.2 but I run into a weird issue. Updated all files, kexts et cetera. Checked the config.plist with ocvalidate as I always do. The usb installer loads but I don't see my macOS boot disk. I see EFI, a second (Time Machine) drive that isn't bootable, my Windows installation and a drive called EFI (ends in error when selected - OpenCore already started)

PXL_20210802_212415266.jpg

The only thing ocvalidate coughed up was this:

Code:
Lilu.kext is loaded at Kernel->Add[0], but DisableLinkeditJettison is not enabled at Kernel->Quirks!
CheckKernel returns 1 error!

But either TRUE or leaving it FALSE doesn't make any difference. I've updated my stick countless times. I am using HfsPlus.efi, not the one that came with OpenCore since it prevented a boot around 0.7.0. Did I miss something in Differences? :unsure:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Is HfsPlus.efi missing from the config or driver folder?

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'll double check after my morning shift. You would still recommend against using the OpenCore HFS driver? Yeah, that driver is still very sucky. HfsPlus.efi is correctly referenced in the config and is in the Drivers folder. It's from June 7th, so pretty recent. The cpu patches are latest (same I use to boot my 0.7.1 EFI) and I've run through Differences again. I'm stumped. Will recopy all files from the OpenCore download just to be sure. :cautious:

EDIT 2
Issue remains. When I boot my 0.7.2 stick and pick the installer, then use Disk Utility I can see my Catalina boot drive just fine. I suspect ScanPolicy perhaps but I've always kept it at 0, because that's about as hassle free as you can get. Going to try some different values to see if it makes any difference.

EDIT 3
Wasn't ScanPolicy, but the new MinDate/MinVersion requirements under UEFI > APFS. Flew under my radar completely because it mentioned Big Sur and I'm not running that (yet). Changed those to values needed for Catalina and now the drive shows up as expected. Very useful Reddit-thread that pointed me to the right direction.

EDIT 4
Say @AudioGod - me fine fellow... :) you know this from the top of your head probably... Now that I have entered these MinDate/MinVersion values in my config.plist for Catalina, from 0.7.2 onwards I would need to edit those values again before I press update on say, this Big Sur update, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.