Sleep & Weak up issue

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I'm using QtiASL on Windows but I use MaciASL on macOS.

strong0

AMD OS X Member
finally, I find that the _SB.PR00 works for my comp, but it is total different with the CPU name I see in Windows Devices Manager, any one can explain that?

here is the workable patch file

Attachments

• SSDT-PLUG.zip
    684 bytes · Views: 4

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It's possibly reading it from a different ACPI table.

strong0

AMD OS X Member

strong0

AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Do what exactly? Didn't you get it working?

strong0

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
so far so good, I'm just complaint such weird motherboard...
MSI like to do there ACPI different to the point that Monterey from beta 3 onwards is unbootable with most if not all MSI X570 and B550 motherboards.

strong0

AMD OS X Member
MSI like to do there ACPI different to the point that Monterey from beta 3 onwards is unbootable with most if not all MSI X570 and B550 motherboards.
yes, it is different with the most of guide.

Anyway, thanks for you and Shaneee for the kindly help.

strong0

AMD OS X Member
Nothing you can do about the double click to wake, It’s been that way since Bug Sur, In the past we used the dark wake boot argument to fix the problem but that method no longer works.
as for the sluggish performance after sleep well if you haven’t mapped usb properly then that would cause it or the nvram can also cause it too if it’s not working properly. Try resetting your nvram if you have a proper USBMap.kext.

I find some topic here about the wakescreen issue, seems need to modify some patch based on SSDT which is beyond my knowledge, maybe you guys can try it and see if the problem can be solved. @AudioGod

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I find some topic here about the wakescreen issue, seems need to modify some patch based on SSDT which is beyond my knowledge, maybe you guys can try it and see if the problem can be solved. @AudioGod

That’s not going to fix darkwake Bud. There is no fix for that since the boot arguments for it stopped working when BigSur came out. You're flogging a dead horse trying to fix something that isn’t fixable. Just live with it like everybody else with a Intel or AMD hack does. LoL

Last edited:

Kirk

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the guide, but I failed in making a workable SSDT-PLUG.aml by following this guide. x86platformplugin not loaded properly as before and here are some problems:

1. there is no "processor" can be found from my dumped DSDT file;
2. I find the CPU name is "_SB.PLTF.C000" in Windows device manager, but when I create the SSDT-plug.aml by following the guide and add it into ACPI folder, x86platformplugin can not be loaded as expected.

attached my SSDT-plug for reference, please help to take a look at it.
Hi Bro, I am struggling with the same power management issue with you. Just one question, as I checked my device manager in Windows 10, there is a CPU Bios device name as "_SB.PR00" as well as a CPU's Bios device name as "_SB.PLTF.C000" (exactly same as yours). Why the CPU name is not the "_SB.PR00"?

strong0

AMD OS X Member
Hi Bro, I am struggling with the same power management issue with you. Just one question, as I checked my device manager in Windows 10, there is a CPU Bios device name as "_SB.PR00" as well as a CPU's Bios device name as "_SB.PLTF.C000" (exactly same as yours). Why the CPU name is not the "_SB.PR00"?
I have no idea about this till now, maybe the ACPI table is different with Intel. Based on my experience, the x86platformplugin is not work for AMD platform, nothing happens even you make the driver loaded.

if you looking for better power management for AMD CPU, you can try AMD Power Gadget from here: https://github.com/trulyspinach/SMCAMDProcessor

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Intel & AMD are two different enteritis and the SSDTs on the OC guide with the exception of EC-USBX are not for AMD based systems. Further more the OC Devs don’t really want to know about AMD on opencore so they only scratch the surface of whats needs ACPI wise.
You need to create your own SSDT-Plug and anything else you need yourself really.
This guide is helpful for that….

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.