Sleep & Weak up issue

strong0

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,

My PC is AMD 5600x + MSI MAG B550 + RX580 + BCM94360CD, currently in Big Sur 11.5.2 with OpenCore 0.7.2.

My question is when I wake up my desktop from sleep by clicking keyboard or move the mouse, the CPU/GPU fans start and power up my keyboard & wired mouse properly, everything looks good except the monitor still keep black until I click keyboard or move mouse again to wake up the monitor. I know that is not such big problem but I want to know if there is any way to solve this issue or is it normal behavior?

In addition, the system become lag after wake up sometimes, I try to wait some times but no changes. nothing I can do to solve the lag except reboot. I think the CPU & GPU should be drive properly, so I seek for your suggestion here. (attached is my OC profile for reference)

Thanks.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 13

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi guys,

My PC is AMD 5600x + MSI MAG B550 + RX580 + BCM94360CD, currently in Big Sur 11.5.2 with OpenCore 0.7.2.

My question is when I wake up my desktop from sleep by clicking keyboard or move the mouse, the CPU/GPU fans start and power up my keyboard & wired mouse properly, everything looks good except the monitor still keep black until I click keyboard or move mouse again to wake up the monitor. I know that is not such big problem but I want to know if there is any way to solve this issue or is it normal behavior?

In addition, the system become lag after wake up sometimes, I try to wait some times but no changes. nothing I can do to solve the lag except reboot. I think the CPU & GPU should be drive properly, so I seek for your suggestion here. (attached is my OC profile for reference)

Thanks.
Nothing you can do about the double click to wake, It’s been that way since Bug Sur, In the past we used the dark wake boot argument to fix the problem but that method no longer works.
as for the sluggish performance after sleep well if you haven’t mapped usb properly then that would cause it or the nvram can also cause it too if it’s not working properly. Try resetting your nvram if you have a proper USBMap.kext.

strong0

AMD OS X Member
Nothing you can do about the double click to wake, It’s been that way since Bug Sur, In the past we used the dark wake boot argument to fix the problem but that method no longer works.
as for the sluggish performance after sleep well if you haven’t mapped usb properly then that would cause it or the nvram can also cause it too if it’s not working properly. Try resetting your nvram if you have a proper USBMap.kext.
I just reset nvram via OpenCore but the nothing changed for the performance issue, it happens after I download SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml and added it into ACPI path to enable x86platformplugins, before that I have USBports.kext for my system and it works well for a few days.

So I doubt if the SSDT file caused such performance issue? I found you upload the SSDT-plug.aml in another post but it seems don't work for me, and I tried to generate patch file by using MaciASL in my system but failed either, the only way is to download such SSDT file via OpenOcre.

I will try to remove the SSDT file and see if the bug disappeared.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml is NOT compatible with a Ryzen, You need to make your own if you want to use SSDT-PLUG fella

strong0

AMD OS X Member
SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml is NOT compatible with a Ryzen, You need to make your own if you want to use SSDT-PLUG fella

It is weird that the SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml really works in my comp, the x86platformplugin loaded and the power nap appears. I find some articles said the SSDT-PLUG patch is only for Intel, if that is the fact do I still need such file?

If I still need the SSDT-PLUG, could you guide me how to make my own one based on my PC configuration?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

strong0

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the guide, but I failed in making a workable SSDT-PLUG.aml by following this guide. x86platformplugin not loaded properly as before and here are some problems:

1. there is no "processor" can be found from my dumped DSDT file;
2. I find the CPU name is "_SB.PLTF.C000" in Windows device manager, but when I create the SSDT-plug.aml by following the guide and add it into ACPI folder, x86platformplugin can not be loaded as expected.

attached my SSDT-plug for reference, please help to take a look at it.

Attachments

• SSDT-PLUG.aml.zip
    881 bytes · Views: 2

strong0

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

Attachments

• SSDT-PLUG.aml.zip
    378 bytes · Views: 7

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If you open this table you'll see what your CPU is named.

Attachments

• O7FvoDtA.png
    O7FvoDtA.png
    412.4 KB · Views: 23

strong0

AMD OS X Member

strong0

AMD OS X Member
If you open this table you'll see what your CPU is named.
yes, I have made the SSDT-plug patch and added into ACPI folder but the x86platformplugin still not been loaded, and the power nap is missing

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
yes, I have made the SSDT-plug patch and added into ACPI folder but the x86platformplugin still not been loaded, and the power nap is missing
Did the one I sent you not work?
it should do

strong0

AMD OS X Member
Did the one I sent you not work?
it should do
nope... :(

the x86platformplugin not loaded, and my CPU name should be _SB.PLTF.C000 not PR.C000

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
nope... :(

the x86platformplugin not loaded, and my CPU name should be _SB.PLTF.C000 not PR.C000
Weird, That should be universal across all Ryzen cpus so that is a first for it not to be working.
what SSDTs are you using?
@Shaneee MSI up to there tricks again…..😂

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Dump the table from the screenshot I shared to confirm the CPU name. It must be different on B550. Or as AudioGod says MSI being wierd again lol

strong0

AMD OS X Member
Weird, That should be universal across all Ryzen cpus so that is a first for it not to be working.
what SSDTs are you using?
@Shaneee MSI up to there tricks again…..😂

I just enable SSDT-plug-drtnia for a try, and it works.... I will try to delete the CPU name in SSDT-plug-drtnia one by one and see which item works.

strong0

AMD OS X Member
Dump the table from the screenshot I shared to confirm the CPU name. It must be different on B550. Or as AudioGod says MSI being wierd again lol

I think it should be _SB.PLTF.C000, right?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You need the scope. Here's mine. Only looks different as I'm on Windows just now.

strong0

AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.