sleep problem on monterey 12.3.1

Ts19971010

AMD OS X Member
i use 3A pc,

is it possible to achieve near perfect sleep on AMD

when i trying to sleep my computer,it will restart after a short period of time

after checking the power log, I found that it seemed to be related to kernel crash:unsure:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    37.6 MB · Views: 7

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
It is more likely to be related to your USB configuration.

You have USBPorts.kext, USBToolBox.kext and UTBMap.kext in your OC/Kexts folder.

You don't need or want USBPorts.kext and UTBMAp.kext in the same setup. They do the same thing, or should do the same thing, i.e. activate the same ports. In your case this is not true, as you have a couple of discrepancies, with ports set with different connector types in the two info.plist's.

Hopefully the reason the USBToolBox.kext and UTBMap.kext are not enabled in your setup is because you realised the ports weren't correctly set in UTBMap.kext.
Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 19.02.24.png Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 19.02.36.png PTXH USB controller ports, discrepancies highlighted

Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 19.02.54.png Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 19.03.05.png XHC0 USB controller ports, discrepancies highlighted

However, I have my doubts that the USBPorts.kext is 100% correct. You have added Comments to describe which port is activated by each entry, which is great. Unfortunately, we don't know which motherboard you are using, so we can't check to see if the physical port comment corresponds with the port connector type you have set.

I would recommend the following:
  1. Run through the USB ports with a pair of USB pen drives, to check that each port is set correctly.
  2. Pay particular attention to the PTXH Type-c port (HS02 & SS02) , which you have set as 'Type-c+sw' (9). Use the screenshot below to help.
  3. USB Port Connector Types.png USB connector types.
  4. Remove any unused kexts, drivers or tools from your OC sub-folders.
  5. Then use Corpnewt's ProperTree plist editor to take a 'Clean Snapshot' of your OC folder, so all the redundant and obsolete kexts, drivers and tools are also removed from your config.plist.
See how this changes your Sleep/Wake issues.

Ts19971010

AMD OS X Member
oh,my dear wolf man

i'm so excited to receive your reply in the middle of the night(UTC/GMT +8),

actually i build the usbports or usbmap because i just learned the relevant entry-level technology from Chinese video websites

and please forgive me there may be some problems in my English communication with you

unfortunately, in China, technical discussions about hackintosh are not public, although some video bloggers have produced videos that can be understood by more people

-------------------------------------------:giggle:

ok,leave out the nonessential words,about my posted ,lack a lot of important information

about usb build, usbports are more accurate than usbmap(motherboard:TUF Gaming B550M Plus-WIFI)

except Hub controller,the other ports have been correctly identified

截屏2022-04-11 05.15.14.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You have two Type-c ports set as Type-c+sw, this doesn’t look right to me.

I think they should be set as plain Type-c (10) not Type-c+sw (9).

Having these ports set with the wrong connector type could be the cause of the sleep/wake issues you are facing.

Ts19971010

AMD OS X Member
so sorry I didn't check your reply in time,according to your suggestion

the connector type been identified when i uesd hackintool,I've checked both sides of type-c device if it's on the same interface

so i'm not sure if it‘s really related to connector type,when i need to solve the sleep problem:(

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If the port doesn’t change why do you have two Type-c ports shown? One appears to be set as USB2 the other as USB3, that indicates to me that they should be set with the Type-c (10) connector type.

Ts19971010

AMD OS X Member
wolf man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devilish:

finally,sleep been fixed,as you said i chang the connector type(typc-c 2.0 to usb 2.0)

then put the new USBports into EFI,it won't crash when it just goes to sleep now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😆

actually,sleep now not a normal sleep,but fortunately it can awakened

截屏2022-04-11 18.55.37.png

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.