Sleep broken in 11.6.1

zk2004mb

AMD OS X Member
Hi folks,

I have a sleep issue once I update to 11.6.1 from the previous version (probably 11.4)
The machine will fail to sleep: When I choose sleep, the screen goes black, keyboard light goes out after 10 sec and I can hear a beep from the motherboard like normal sleep would do. (We could consider the beep is the indicator of a successful sleep)
However, the keyboard light will go on again instantly after the beep, the screen stays off. Then after 10~20 sec I can hear the beep again like the machine is trying to sleep.
And.....the keyboard light will go on right after the beep. It's in the loop now.
Also whenever I touch the keyboard, I can bring it awake and break the loop.

All I know is my thunderbolt monitor prevents me get into sleep. If I unplug the thunderbolt monitor and only keep the HDMI monitor, I can sleep normally.

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you were running Big Sur 11.3 previously, you may have been using the Kernel > Quirk > XhciPortLimit entry in your config.plist to enable your USB ports. This quirk doesn't work in version of macOS newer than 11.3, so any patching it provided is lost in your current version 11.6.1.

Have you mapped your USB ports? As USB power requests are one of the most common causes for sleep/Wake issues on a Hack.

zk2004mb

AMD OS X Member
If you were running Big Sur 11.3 previously, you may have been using the Kernel > Quirk > XhciPortLimit entry in your config.plist to enable your USB ports. This quirk doesn't work in version of macOS newer than 11.3, so any patching it provided is lost in your current version 11.6.1.

Have you mapped your USB ports? As USB power requests are one of the most common causes for sleep/Wake issues on a Hack.
Yes I created a USB map back to Catalina and never changed it. Do I need to modify the map?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No you do not need to change it, if it is set correctly.

Post a copy of the USBMap.kext so we can see what you are activating.

Does your /OC/ACPI folder contain an SSDT-EC-USBX.aml or SSDT-USBX.aml to provide USB power options when running macOS? Or are the USB power options set in your USBMap.kext?

zk2004mb

AMD OS X Member
No you do not need to change it, if it is set correctly.

Post a copy of the USBMap.kext so we can see what you are activating.

Does your /OC/ACPI folder contain an SSDT-EC-USBX.aml or SSDT-USBX.aml to provide USB power options when running macOS? Or are the USB power options set in your USBMap.kext?
Sorry for the late response. Please have a look at my EFI folder. I do have a SSDT for USB.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to look at the USBMao you are using, as it has a number of ports set with the wrong Connector type. This is the most likely reason for your Sleep issues, it is also a very common issue.

When setting the USB connector type you need to remember these requirements:
  1. Any USB2 port served from a USB3 physical port has to be set with the USB3 connector type.
  2. Only physical USB2 ports should be set with the USB2 connector type.
  3. Any USB2 internal header ports served from the motherboard, usually connecting Bluetooth and case front ports, should be set with the connector type 'Internal' (255).
  4. Any USB3 internal header ports served from the motherboard, usually connecting case front ports, should be set with the connector type USB3 (including any USB2 ports served from the header).
  5. Any USB Type-c ports (USB3 or USB2) should be set with the correct Type-c connector Type-c+sw (9) or Type-c without switch (10)
See this chart below for clarification of the different USB port types:

USB Port Connector Types.png

Other than the USB connector type issue your OC setup looks fine.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.