Shaneee's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING - OpenCore EFI

daovietchung

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Shaneee ,

Can you provide the BIOS version you are using with the Asus X570 F-Gaming mainboard?
Thanks.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Nubston

AMD OS X Member
hey Shane curious would this efi work okay with high sierra

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@daovietchung You were missing the boot argument agdpmod=pikera which is require for the RX6000 series dGPU.

Try this cleaned up config.plist in place of your current one.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 15

wilianb

AMD OS X Member
Shaneee, podrías subir la configuración de tu efi 0.8.5 para tu configuración ya que tengo la misma placa
please

Macman

AMD OS X Member
I'm trying to use your configs for Ventura, however I am facing some strange issues. The recovery / installer boots normally, I can re-install a fresh Ventura instance, however after a few reboots I'll end up in a boot loop - which appears to be caused by the network driver (I saw the macOS network driver crash in the logs)

I have the same motherboard as you, here are my specifications:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
Bootloader: OpenCore
SMBios: MacPro7,1

From my hours of Googling, it seems the Intel i211 NIC has some issues with Ventura, but I see one of your latest updates contains a driver that should work. It's really weird, it is very hit and miss as to if it will successfully boot or not. Sometimes I can leave it in a boot loop and it will magically succeed, other times it will just fail to boot - with the NIC both unplugged and plugged in (I have tired all sorts of combinations)

Unfortunately, even with full logging enabled and the tweaks to disable rebooting on crash, the log still scrolls too fast and then reboots for me to get a clean output of the error.

Do you have any hints at how I can stop it rebooting after the kernel (or driver) crashes and also any hints at how I can get networking to be stable?

Many thanks :)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Macman Just to make sure I didn't bork it replace the AppleIGB kext with this one. Also disable SmallTreeIntel. It has a min / max kernel set but disable it just to be sure.

Attachments

• AppleIGB.kext.zip
    75.8 KB · Views: 5

Macman

AMD OS X Member
@Macman Just to make sure I didn't bork it replace the AppleIGB kext with this one. Also disable SmallTreeIntel. It has a min / max kernel set but disable it just to be sure.
Thanks for the fast reply. I've just given this a try and unfortunately the same thing is happening :( Reboot after a fast scrolling kernel output and what looks like the network driver crashing

Macman

AMD OS X Member
I've re-downloaded your files, however I now receive a different error and this time it doesn't automatically restart! Attached is the screenshot
PXL_20221228_171303914.jpg

Macman

AMD OS X Member
I've got further than the above error, by setting ResizeAppleGpuBars to 0. I'll post another screenshot if I can't get past the latest set of errors later :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Looking at the Screenshot above, I would suggest you have a look at the SSDT-EC.aml you are using, as it appears to be looking for and failing to find /SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.

This is an intel ACPI address, most AMD systems use /SB.PCI0.SBRG.EC0_ or a variation on that theme.

Try using the attached SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml table in place of your current EC and USBX table, see if that helps.

Attachments

• SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 6

Macman

AMD OS X Member
Unfortunately the file you provided did not help. I'm passed the above issue, however I am now back at the reboot loop. I've attached a screenshot from a slow motion video I made (the only way I can actually read the log). It doesn't really tell me much, so I'm not too sure why it's causing a reboot at this point.

I am able to enter the recovery mode and can confirm networking works - I just can't boot now into the normal macOS instance.

I had to download AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext and add that in, as I read that is a requirement for macOS 13.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 1672262080960.png
    1672262080960.png
    1 MB · Views: 5

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Can you post a copy of your EFI, let us see exactly what you are using, as we are grasping at straws at the moment.

Macman

AMD OS X Member
Sure, here it is. I've stripped out my ROM, UUID, etc.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try the EFI attached below.
  • It is missing the Serial etc. but should be good for X570 / 16-core CPU /Navi dGPU.
  • This fixes an issue where HfsPlus.efi UEFI > Drivers should have LoadEarly set to false.
  • Adds a few kexts, drivers and a stripped down Resources > Audio folder (EN only)
Assumptions:
  1. Above 4G Decoding is enabled in Bios, so you don't need the npci=0x3000 boot argument.
  2. Resizable Bar is disabled in Bios, so Booter > Quirks > ResizeAppleGpuBars doesn't need to be set as '0'.

Attachments

• EFI-MM.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 30

Macman

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. Finally I have a working macOS install! :)

daovietchung

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Edhawk , @Shaneee
I can't boot to the setup screen, it keeps rebooting. I attached the EFI folder and the log file. Please help me check.
Thanks

Attachments

• AMD_EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 5
  • opencore-2023-03-07-200748.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this revised EFI folder. See if it gets you any further along with the macOS installation.

Attachments

• AMD_EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 9

daovietchung

AMD OS X Member
Try this revised EFI folder. See if it gets you any further along with the macOS installation.
Thank you but still errors
Could my VGA be the cause?

Attachments

• opencore-2023-03-08-125732.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.