• Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled​
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled​
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled​
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled​
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled​
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled​
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode​
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys​
BIOS Settings thanks to AudioGod's X570-E topic.

Install Notes:

There are a few changes you'll need to make to the EFI before you can boot with it.

First of all open up the config.plist file in a Plist editor like PlistEdit Pro, Xcode or ProperTree. Navigate to PlatformInfo -> Generic and add the required SMBios details.
  • MLB
  • ROM
  • SystemSerialNumber
  • SystemUUID
You can use GenSMBios from CorpNewt to generate these values. Get the app here, https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS

CoreCount Patch:
The Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. It's currently setup for a 6 Core CPU. A detailed explanation on how to edit this can be found here, https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/new-amd-macos-corecount-patch-information.1948/

NVRAM: When you first boot with this EFI, Once at the OpenCore Boot Picker, press the spacebar and Reset NVRAM. The system will reboot and take you back into OpenCore.

GPU: If you are using a RX 6800 or any other Navi or Big Navi GPU then add agdpmod=ignore to the boot arguments.

Note: The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.x so if you plan on playing around with the new OS for now make sure you have another network device such as WiFi that is supported.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI Update​

Updated to OpenCore 0.7.4 with full support for the latest Monterey Beta 8 (21A5534d)

Update Includes:
  • Lilu v1.5.6
  • AppleALC v1.6.5
  • RestrictEvents v1.0.5
  • VirtualSMC v1.2.7
  • WhateverGreen v1.5.4
  • Switched from OpenHfsPlus.efi to HfsPlus.efi (Reliability)
  • OpenShell moved to Auxiliary
  • Removed SMCAMDProcessor kext. (User Choice. Available here, https://github.com/trulyspinach/SMCAMDProcessor )
As with each release remember to check the kernel patch is set for your CPU: More Info Here!
Clear the NVRAM once updated. (Press the Spacebar at OpenCore Picker to show option.)

Last edited:

daovietchung

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Shaneee ,
Thank you for sharing the files to successfully install Hackintosh.
But now I am suffering from a problem with using bluetooth. Looks like it's not working. I also use wifi card and adapter like yours.
Can you share a picture of the connection wire from the wifi card to the mainboard. I need to know for sure where to plug in the internal USB ports. Maybe this is the problem.
I tried running on Windows 10, both wifi and bluetooth work fine.
Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@daovietchung It should work in either of the two USB 2.0 headers on the bottom of the board. I'm using a NZXT hub as I needed more 2.0 ports.

daovietchung

AMD OS X Member
@daovietchung It should work in either of the two USB 2.0 headers on the bottom of the board. I'm using a NZXT hub as I needed more 2.0 ports.
I have tried both USB 2.0 headers and neither of them work. Probably needs to be remapped.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try with this kext,

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    2 KB · Views: 34

palote99

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi Shaneee,

Thanks for you complete work!
.. Im noob atm and i get this error when booting...

How i can disable openlinuxboot.efi from config.plist?

Thanks in advance!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Shaneee,

Thanks for you complete work!
.. Im noob atm and i get this error when booting...

How i can disable openlinuxboot.efi from config.plist?

Thanks in advance!

In the config under UEFI -> Drivers either set OpenLinuxBoot to disabled or remove the entry.

palote99

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
In the config under UEFI -> Drivers either set OpenLinuxBoot to disabled or remove the entry.
Thanks! I managed to do that.. but now when i boot fron usb i get a windows icon and nothing else... I dont get into any MacOS installer
My boot-args are -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1

Please help!!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks! I managed to do that.. but now when i boot fron usb i get a windows icon and nothing else... I dont get into any MacOS installer
My boot-args are -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1

Please help!!

Sounds like the installer is incomplete or damaged. Remake the USB but still use the EFI.

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Hi, i follower your EFI for my pc, but i don't see something like
"2. macOS Base System (External) / Install macOS Big Sur (External) / USB drive name (External)"
and it's strange because last year i was able to install big sur.
Btw my pc specs are:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4
  • Graphics: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse 4GB
  • NVMe: 500GB Samsung 980 PRO
  • SSD: 480GB Crucial BX500 - this is where i want to install MacOs
  • WiFi / BT: 2400Mbps+BT5.0 AX200
  • Operating Systems: Windows 11 Home - I'd like to have Big Sur or Monterey

I hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hi, i follower your EFI for my pc, but i don't see something like
"2. macOS Base System (External) / Install macOS Big Sur (External) / USB drive name (External)"
and it's strange because last year i was able to install big sur.
Btw my pc specs are:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4
  • Graphics: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse 4GB
  • NVMe: 500GB Samsung 980 PRO
  • SSD: 480GB Crucial BX500 - this is where i want to install MacOs
  • WiFi / BT: 2400Mbps+BT5.0 AX200
  • Operating Systems: Windows 11 Home - I'd like to have Big Sur or Monterey

I hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

This EFI is meant for the ASUS X570-F. You'll need to modify the kexts and add in the SSDT for B550 to enable it to work. As for not seeing the drive, press the spacebar when in OpenCore to show external drives like the USB.

can I use this EFI with MSI B450M Mortar max, Ryzen 7 3700x?

As above it's meant for ASUS X570-F.

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
This EFI is meant for the ASUS X570-F. You'll need to modify the kexts and add in the SSDT for B550 to enable it to work. As for not seeing the drive, press the spacebar when in OpenCore to show external drives like the USB.
Ok thank you. I think i'm not able at the moment to modify the efi for my motherboard :( can you help me? Or at least advise something like a guide step by step? (for noobs xD)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
It's all outlined in the Dortania guide.

See here for the CPUR SSDT needed for B550, https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/AMD/zen.html#acpi
And here for adding kexts, https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/AMD/zen.html#add-3
Thank you again. I tried to add the CPUR SSDT and modified config.plist but when i try to install i get errors like:
"AppleACPICPU: Processors Id=12 LocalApicId=0 Disabled" and it says so from id=12 to id=28...

I attach my EFI, maybe you can tell what i do wrong :/
Thank you again in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 35

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

ryyzz

AMD OS X Member
Great work Shanee ! I have the same mobo and R9 5950X and upgraded yesterday to Monterey 12.1 beta/rc. I had opecore 0.7.5 and an old config that however worked but sleep occassionally jammed and did not wake. My ASUS XG 10Gbe and iMac BCM94360CD Wifi/BT works great. I also had the chance to try out a brand new Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 EAGLE 8GB (not the XT model) and it works perfect plug and play with agdpmod=pikera (GeekBench 5 Metal compute 86749) and is a nice addition to GPU variety for MacOs, picture attached.

Today I migrated to your Opencore config, some comments and questions:
  • for info: for Monterey remember to set Booter quirk: SetupVirtualMap false
  • great fix for the BUS, it works !
  • BCM94360CD WiFi works but bluetooth does not work. The BT gets recognised as Vendor ID 0x004C (apple) and Device ID 0x0001 BCM_4350C2 and does not work. It works with my other Opencore setup that has SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml.
  • DRM work well with Firefox and https://tv.apple.com/ but does not work with the TV.app. Any way to fix this? (This is the same with my older opencore conf).

Attachments

• Ryzen 9 RX 6600.jpg
    Ryzen 9 RX 6600.jpg
    726 KB · Views: 26

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Great work Shanee ! I have the same mobo and R9 5950X and upgraded yesterday to Monterey 12.1 beta/rc. I had opecore 0.7.5 and an old config that however worked but sleep occassionally jammed and did not wake. My ASUS XG 10Gbe and iMac BCM94360CD Wifi/BT works great. I also had the chance to try out a brand new Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 EAGLE 8GB (not the XT model) and it works perfect plug and play with agdpmod=pikera (GeekBench 5 Metal compute 86749) and is a nice addition to GPU variety for MacOs, picture attached.

Today I migrated to your Opencore config, some comments and questions:
  • for info: for Monterey remember to set Booter quirk: SetupVirtualMap false
  • great fix for the BUS, it works !
  • BCM94360CD WiFi works but bluetooth does not work. The BT gets recognised as Vendor ID 0x004C (apple) and Device ID 0x0001 BCM_4350C2 and does not work. It works with my other Opencore setup that has SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml.
  • DRM work well with Firefox and https://tv.apple.com/ but does not work with the TV.app. Any way to fix this? (This is the same with my older opencore conf).

Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to look into those. I've not had a chance to check DRM since I got my 6800 but I don't have WEG enabled. You could maybe try that.

ryyzz

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to look into those. I've not had a chance to check DRM since I got my 6800 but I don't have WEG enabled. You could maybe try that.
I got Blutooth working by swapping the USBMap.kext to my old one, nothing else had to be changed. Once I have time I will look into the map. And it also works with your v.2 USBMap.kext that you posted on 7th Oct.

Now only TV.app DRM problem remains in Monterey. It works with Firefox forexample but would be nicer with TV.app that now has Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 support (and I happen to have such amp attached). I use shigikva=128 but it does not help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.