Screens Flickering right after apple logo

GiannisLar

AMD OS X Member
I upgraded my opencore from 0.7.2 into 0.7.5 and now I can't access my desktop .My screen flickers all the time .I can see only my cursor for a few seconds and my desktop sometimes but then immediately black screen again

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of your EFI folder, so we can see what you are using.

Remember to delete/redact your serial number from the config.plist before you post a copy here

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this OpenCore 0.7.6 EFI with your AMD FX system.

I have populated the SMBIOS data, using a MacPro6,1 SMBIOS.

This is inline with my working FX8350 system, which I have running Big Sur and Monterey. https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php...0-oc-0-7-6-big-sur-11-6-2-monterey-12-1.2400/

The later not great as I am using an Nvidia GTX 690 for Graphics. Your RX570 should work much better.

All you need to do is rename the EFI-AMD-0.7.6 to EFI and it should work.

Attachments

• EFI-AMD-0.7.6.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 12

GiannisLar

AMD OS X Member
I reinstalled big sur make a new efi and everything worked . Today I tried to install Monterey .And when my system tries to start then black screen again .After a while it reboot and then I get an error message

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which Error message?

Post/attach a photo of the error message, so we can see what you are seeing.

GiannisLar

AMD OS X Member
It doesn't shows it now so I can't take a photo .I believe that the problem is the login window in Monterey because in the past I had to disable it so I can run Monterey

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.