Ryzentosh Catalina : first try, everything is ok!

alban

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I am a graphic designer, I have been working on Apple computers for 10 years.
I have a 2015 iMac and a 2014 MacBook Pro. Machines that are starting to get old.

After much reading on the subject and building a hackintosh, I decided to jump into this universe and give it a try.
I wanted to build a pc to play with my friends and have a machine that evolves over time.

Here is the configuration :

ASUS Rog Strix x570 E Gaming
Ryzen 3700x
32gb RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz
Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro +
Noctua NH-D15
Seasonic FOCUS PX-750w Platinium
macOS is on a Samsung EVO 860 500go SSD
Fenvi T919

Everything works! The first installation was successful, but I have many questions about what to do next.
I specify that I am using the latest version of OpenCore.
I want to do a new installation with the fixes directly from the post-installation section of the OpenCore guide.

Is it possible to know what is: DRM Compatibility Chart for 10.15?
Should I put this with my graphics card? I imagine that should be put in the boot args?
Can I put this right from the start during installation or after once on Catalina?

I am in iMacPro1,1 so I have to put : shikigva=128 in the boot args?

Same question with cpuid_set_cpufamily patch :

Is it possible to put it directly on the boot key during installation or is it better to do it afterwards?

config.plist> root> kernel and copy / paste path

If I understand correctly, afterwards, once on Catalina I just have to open the config.plist, make the changes with the patches, save the file and restart the machine so that OpenCore sees the patches?

hackintosh.jpg

Another question, during installation when I can choose my installation disk at the beginning I could not choose a disk, I had to take a tour in the disk utility to format the disk. Alas, impossible to format the disc in HFS only AFPS ... It is a problem I imagine? That's why I want to do a new installation.

I still have the usb mapping to do. I will follow the guide, I hope to do this properly + the graphical start as for bootcamp.

Thanks for your help and thanks for this forum! :)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.