Ryzen9 3900X + Radeon 5700XT + Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | OpenCore 0.7.5 | macOS 12 Monterey

awesometic

AMD OS X Member
# My computer specs

ComponentProduct NameNote
CPUAMD Ryzen 9 3900XPBO Enabled
MainboardGigabyte X570 Aorus EliteF35 BIOS
MemorySamsung DDR4 2666MHz 16GB * 2Overclocked at 3600MHz with 18-22-22-44 timing
GraphicsXFX AMD Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB GDDR6 RAW II Ultra
Storages3 NVMe devices including the Hackintosh installed one, 1 SSD deviceMultiboot between Windows 11, macOS 12, and KDE neon Linux
PCI cardsEFM ipTIME PX2500 2.5 GbE LAN Card (RTL8125B), Fenvi T919 (BCM94360CD), A PCIe to NVMe adapter
PSUAntec EAG PRO 750W 80PLUS GOLD Modular
Case3RSYS L530
USB devicesAudinst HUD-DX1 Blue24 for a USB DAC, Blue Yeti X for a USB microphone

# Before you use
  • I recommend you use this as only a reference resource.
    • Obviously, this build may not be the best one.
    • This EFI contains additional kexts in config.plist rather than only the essential things for X570 + Zen2 CPU. You should remove them before using this on your PC.
  • In the config.plist file, I've replaced the private serial codes into the EDIT_HERE words because to keep my personal information safe.
    • So if you are going to use this, you have to make sure that the EDIT_HERE texts are changed to yours. To generate the serial key, please refer to Dortania's OpenCore Guide. When you are about to generate one, you should select MacPro7,1 to properly use your machine.
## Another one you must check

From the recent AMD CPU patch, now we have to specify the CPU core counts to the "algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package" nodes. Currently, my EFI setup sets that for the 12-core CPU model because I'm using Ryzen 3900X.
  • algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package
      • B80C0000 0000
      • BA0C0000 0000
      • BA0C0000 0090
Please refer to the author's description to get further information.

# EFI configuration

## OpenCore

• Version: 0.7.5
## ACPI
  • SSDT-HPET.aml - Fixes IRQ conflicts
  • SSDT-NVME.aml - Makes NVMe drives shown as an internal storage
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml - Fixes CPU power management
  • SSDT-SBRG.aml - Fixes EC, RTC, IRQ conflicts
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml - Fixes SMBus support
  • SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml - Fixes embedded controller and USB power properties
  • SSDT-XHC.aml - Fixes USB ports mapping
## Drivers
  • OpenCanopy.efi
  • OpenHfsPlus.efi
  • OpenRuntime.efi
## Kexts
  • AGPMInjector.kext
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
  • CtlnaAHCIPort.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext
  • NVMeFix.kext
  • RadeonSensor.kext
  • RestrictEvents.kext
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
  • SMCAMDProcessor.kext
  • SMCRadeonSensor.kext
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
## Tools
  • OpenShell.efi
# Works
  • Almost everything including Apple continuity (Handoff, iMessage, Airdrop, Facetime, ...).
# Partially works
  • 3.5mm audio jacks
    • The speaker output on the front/back panel works.
    • The microphone input on the front/back panel doesn't work.
    • Have not tested line in/out and digital out.
  • The common Ryzentosh issues. Please refer to the CPU support part of Dortania's OpenCore Guide.
    • Specific professional applications may need to be patched for AMD processors such as Adobe apps, Davinci Resolve, etc.
    • Virtualization (Apple Hypervisor and the apps using this like AVD on Android Studio, Parallels) is not working but VirtualBox works.
# Doesn't work
  • Sidecar
# References

I've got the SSDTs and configuring hints from the following links.

Hello all.

I'm using my Ryzentosh since 2019, when the right after I bought my 3900X system.
At that moment, I did have experience with Intel Hackintosh but didn't know anything about the AMD Hackintosh, so I searched a lot to make mine work flawlessly.
Every time when I faced an issue I searched the other EFI setups that are for a similar machine to mine and a guide for fixing that problem by my hand.
Finally I got configuring this setup, and I think it works really fine for me.

And I have been maintaining my EFI setup on my Github repository.
So, if you think this post is outdated, please check my Github repository too.

Any feedback welcomes :)
Thank you.

Attachments

• EFI_OC0.7.5_gigabyte-x570-aorus-elite.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 221

Leborgne23

AMD OS X Member
Hi man, thanks for your share. Was hoping it would solve the issue I'm having with waking from hibernation (kernel panic / black screen).
Any specific bios settings you'd recommend ?
Fab

dramsey

AMD OS X Member
Well, here's the problem: I know I need to get my CPU core count correct, or the system won't boot.

But your post, as well as a couple of others here, seem to refer to values that simply don't exist in the 0.7.5 config.plist.

Specifically, under Force cpuid_cores_per_package, I should see this string in your config.plist according to your post:
  • BA0C0000 0090
But that string doesn't occur. For example, in the cores_per_package section for 10.15 (Monterey), I see this "Find" value:

wegaAAAA

...and this "Replace" value:

ugwAAACQ

So at this point I don't know what's going on. I'd appreciate any pointers as to what I'm missing...

awesometic

AMD OS X Member

awesometic

AMD OS X Member
Well, here's the problem: I know I need to get my CPU core count correct, or the system won't boot.

But your post, as well as a couple of others here, seem to refer to values that simply don't exist in the 0.7.5 config.plist.

Specifically, under Force cpuid_cores_per_package, I should see this string in your config.plist according to your post:
  • BA0C0000 0090
But that string doesn't occur. For example, in the cores_per_package section for 10.15 (Monterey), I see this "Find" value:

wegaAAAA

...and this "Replace" value:

ugwAAACQ

So at this point I don't know what's going on. I'd appreciate any pointers as to what I'm missing...

Hello,

I recommend using a dedicated tool for editing the "config.plist" file.
Please refer to these links.

naresh

AMD OS X Member
Hi, awesometic,

I having black screen problem while installing Monterey OS, and I have exact configuration what you have and I copied your EFI and updated SMBIOS as per you said with MacPro7,1.
and even I get official update on my system but its not updating, its show apple logo with black screen, when I enable verbose mode then I got error message "EXITBS:START" Please help me out on this. Thanks in advance

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hi, awesometic,

I having black screen problem while installing Monterey OS, and I have exact configuration what you have and I copied your EFI and updated SMBIOS as per you said with MacPro7,1.
and even I get official update on my system but its not updating, its show apple logo with black screen, when I enable verbose mode then I got error message "EXITBS:START" Please help me out on this. Thanks in advance

That normally means you've not setup the kernel patches or enabled ProvideCurrentCpuInfo in the config.

naresh

AMD OS X Member
ill share the EFI file, please help me out.
That normally means you've not setup the kernel patches or enabled ProvideCurrentCpuInfo in the config.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 7

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

naresh

AMD OS X Member
Im getting this error, while installing

[9:21 pm, 16/01/2022] Noddy: #LEB.LD.LF|IN] 01 ("'(null string)") <"]")
*LEB.B.SBS ISZ] 723512
#LEBIB: SHA]<14359Bcec12c90344c2dlb4bb60c3621e81109781>
#LEB.WL.PWLFNV1!1 Err(OxE) <- RT.GV wake-failure 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-AB80-FE41995C9F82
#LEB.WL.DT|!] Err(BxE) <- EB.WL.PWLFNV
#IEB.WL.PWLFRTCINONE]
#LEB.WL.DT|!] Err(BxE) <- EB.WL.PWLFRTC
#LEB.FS.AGSVHIRU]4BB59EBB-1EBD-34F2-B395-FC4CBA34BE23
#LEB.FS.AGSVHI!] Dk(D) <- BS.LocHB 964E5B22-6459-11D2-8E39-BBABC9697238
#LEB.FS.AGSVHIGVI!] Err (Dx3) D
#LEB.FS.AGSVHIGVI!] Err (Bx3)
#LEB.FS.AGSVHIGVI!] Err(Bx3) 2
#LEB.FS.AGSWHIGVI!] Err(Bx3)
#LEB.FS.AGSVHIGVI!] Err(Dx3) 4
#LEBIFMUFSV] RV 4BB59EBB-1E8D-34F2-B395-FC4CBA34BE23 Ox00000040
#LEB.LD.LKC|CFG](*\boot\\BootKernelExtensions.kc">
#LEB.LD.LF|IN] D1 (\boot \\BootKernelExtensions.kc"> ("O>
DC: Kernel patch 3 for kernel (algrey
_commpage_populate - Remove romsr - 18.13/10.14/10.15/11.0/12.0) is borked
Halting on critical error

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Start again with the orignal EFI you uploaded. You've borked a patch you shouldn't have touched. It's the first 3 you need to edit ( 0, 1 and 2 ). It's the Replace Value you change not the ReplaceMask.

naresh

AMD OS X Member
I
Start again with the orignal EFI you uploaded. You've borked a patch you shouldn't have touched. It's the first 3 you need to edit ( 0, 1 and 2 ). It's the Replace Value you change not the ReplaceMask.

I replaced, see the attachment after that I'm getting this below error:

[9:21 pm, 16/01/2022] Noddy: #LEB.LD.LF|IN] 01 ("'(null string)") <"]")
*LEB.B.SBS ISZ] 723512
#LEBIB: SHA]<14359Bcec12c90344c2dlb4bb60c3621e81109781>
#LEB.WL.PWLFNV1!1 Err(OxE) <- RT.GV wake-failure 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-AB80-FE41995C9F82
#LEB.WL.DT|!] Err(BxE) <- EB.WL.PWLFNV
#IEB.WL.PWLFRTCINONE]
#LEB.WL.DT|!] Err(BxE) <- EB.WL.PWLFRTC
#LEB.FS.AGSVHIRU]4BB59EBB-1EBD-34F2-B395-FC4CBA34BE23
#LEB.FS.AGSVHI!] Dk(D) <- BS.LocHB 964E5B22-6459-11D2-8E39-BBABC9697238
#LEB.FS.AGSVHIGVI!] Err (Dx3) D
#LEB.FS.AGSVHIGVI!] Err (Bx3)
#LEB.FS.AGSVHIGVI!] Err(Bx3) 2
#LEB.FS.AGSWHIGVI!] Err(Bx3)
#LEB.FS.AGSVHIGVI!] Err(Dx3) 4
#LEBIFMUFSV] RV 4BB59EBB-1E8D-34F2-B395-FC4CBA34BE23 Ox00000040
#LEB.LD.LKC|CFG](*\boot\\BootKernelExtensions.kc">
#LEB.LD.LF|IN] D1 (\boot \\BootKernelExtensions.kc"> ("O>

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 11.39.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 11.39.46 AM.png
    323.5 KB · Views: 24

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Restore this patch to it's original values, "algrey _commpage_populate - Remove romsr"

Your config only has two for the CoreCount. Seems to be missing the High Sierra patch that's all.

naresh

AMD OS X Member
Restore this patch to it's original values, "algrey _commpage_populate - Remove romsr"

Your config only has two for the CoreCount. Seems to be missing the High Sierra patch that's all.
Thank you for your help @Shaneee , installation success, only problem is Bluetooth is not working.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 19

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Look to see if the Internal USB header port you connected your Fenvi card (Bluetooth module) to is being activated in macOS. Make sure the motherboard connector is firmly installed and if a half sized connector the correct way around.

I assume the WiFi works from the Fenvi card.

TTCesar

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,
First of all I would like to thank "awesometic" for sharing his great work.
I also managed to install Hackintosh correctly with the original EFI from "awesometic", (since I have almost the same components) but only on macOS Big Sur.
Since when I install macOS Monterey, the Ethernet does not work for me.
The Kext I use is "SmallTreeIntel82576" and I read elsewhere that there are people confirming the same problem with this Kext.
I am completely new to this, I would really appreciate it if you could help me with the Ethernet problem in MacOS Monterey
Thanks

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Apple did some changes in Monterey that broke SmallTree. If you need Ethernet on Monterey, you'll have to buy a cheap, supported NIC. Be it a PCIe card or an USB dongle.

TTCesar

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your answer.
But now I have another problem, and that is that when I shut down MacOS, the computer restarts, and starts MacOS again.
And now I can only turn off the computer by pressing the power button on the case. Can somebody help me?
Thanks a lot

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.