Ryzen 9 3900x x570 - [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] - Please help

joshyboy362

AMD OS X Member
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could help me please?

I have recently upgraded to a Ryzen 9 3900x with a Asrock x570 Steel Legend Mobo last week with the intention to hackintosh the system.

I followed the Opencore written guide and managed to get everything working first time and was very happy. I had been using it and had no issues until the other day.

For some reason OSX didnt want to boot so i thought something may have corrupt so i formatted the drive it was installed on and tried to start again, the USB installer was not doing anything and wouldn't let me get to the recovery screen to reinstall.

I have followed the written guide that i had originally followed and have tried to make another USB installer however I am stuck and very baffled. I am not able to get to the installation screen and when checking the error logs, the final message is "[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]".

I have tried following the different steps on the troubleshooting section on the guide for the config.plist and am still having no luck.

Is there anyone out there who can help me please as I have been trying for 4 days now and have had no luck and feel like im going crazy.

I can provide my config.plist and any other files if required.

Thank you,

Josh

Buki

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 37

joshyboy362

AMD OS X Member

Hi @Buki

Thank you for the upload!

I have tried copying that over to my USB drive and have opened it in properTree to add all the files in the plist.

I have then gone to boot from the USB drive and it gives me a list of options to choose from however these seem to be all of the files within the tools folder.

I'm not too sure what to do from here as i wasnt able to select the OSX option that i would normally look for?

Is there anything you could advise on please?

Thanks

Buki

AMD OS X Member
Hi, @joshyboy362

Don't add anything, just copy to the efi of the USB, and let's see if the drive OSX appears in to the picker, to boot.
Afterwards you can add the needed files, carefully step by step.

joshyboy362

AMD OS X Member
Hi, @joshyboy362

Don't add anything, just copy to the efi of the USB, and let's see if the drive OSX appears in to the picker, to boot.
Afterwards you can add the needed files, carefully step by step.

I have just made the USB drive again and have only transferred the EFI folder onto it but when i go to boot it, the only option that i see is to reset NVRAM.

iamso78

AMD OS X Member
A quick search (CTRL+F, Control+F) on General Troubleshooting on the guide page and you will find your answer, even if you are too lazy to do that, a quick google search with the error code on screen will give you the same answer.

joshyboy362

AMD OS X Member
A quick search (CTRL+F, Control+F) on General Troubleshooting on the guide page and you will find your answer, even if you are too lazy to do that, a quick google search with the error code on screen will give you the same answer.

I have tried to search on both google and the General troubleshooting section of the opencore website yet all each of the fixes that i have tried for the original error code still had no luck.

I am just very confused because i managed to set up the hackintosh without any hassle first time but doesn't seem to want to do it this time.

@Buki Do i need to open the config.plist file in properTree and open a clean snapshot to find all of the files after adding the EFI folder you had uploaded and before booting for the first time?

Last edited:

iamso78

AMD OS X Member
I have tried to search on both google and the General troubleshooting section of the opencore website yet all each of the fixes that i have tried for the original error code still had no luck.

well another user had the same exact problem link, he also mention he went thru the general troubleshooting page on the guide, yet the config.plist file he upload had the error causing the problem.

Quick search online and here on the forum, there are numerous of posts of this [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] problem, yet it just surprise me how many time the same new post get posted.

#Hint: may want to check ur SetupVirtualMap & RebuildAppleMemoryMap settings, both are boolean values, so you have 4 tries to get it right, good luck.

Last edited:

Buki

AMD OS X Member
@joshyboy

Did you flash the Bios recently.

iamso78

AMD OS X Member
FIY this is my x570 Taichi OC0.5.9 SetupVirtualMap setting, and yet if u use this on x570 Aorus Master it will halt at [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] Reason: SetupVritualMap setting is sensitive to different board vendor. Moreover, if u truely search the forum, you would also know is sensitive to bios version.
Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 8.43.34 pm.png

Last edited:

joshyboy362

AMD OS X Member
[/QUOT

@Buki I had upgraded the bios flash but I had done this before i had done my original hackintosh which surprised me. I have reverted back to the previous version, the one which had come pre-installed when i had bought the Mobo but still had no luck.

@iamso78 I understand what you mean about seeing this post so many times however, i was not sure if this issue had specific fixes due to different hardware which is why i had set up a post. I have been digging around online for peoples fixes and have tried their EFI's yet still no luck.

I have also tried your solution however, I am still not having any luck. I have tried all 4 combinations.

In my Bios Settings, I have done the following:

Disabled - Fastboot
Secure Boot
CSM

Enabled - Above 4G Decoding
XHCI

I have uploaded my EFI, if either of you would be able to have a look to see if there is anything wrong, i would be most appreciative.

Thank you

Attachments

• OC EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 9

slead

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I had the same error.
Everything was working fine, but when I updated the BIOS yesterday I had that error.
Quick google search revealed that I had to set RebuildAppleMemoryMap and SetupVirtualMap to NO.
I changed that on my USB stick, booted and it worked. I then changed that also in the config file of the computer.

Last edited:

iamso78

AMD OS X Member
I have uploaded my EFI, if either of you would be able to have a look to see if there is anything wrong, i would be most appreciative.

Here config & sanity check for x570 Taichi as reference, sorry I cant be bother testing ur EFI on my system, if you already tried shared EFI on same board vendor and that did not work for you, then not sure how else we could help.

Maybe try delete, copy and paste your patch kernel again. Given the size of the community, if this indeed was some inherited problem with Opencore, then most experienced users would have made this headline online, and on Github repo. Try make your own SSDT-EC instead of using prebuild, isnt that hard under windows.

Alternative try discord for help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    38.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Sanity.png
    3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Luke240

AMD OS X Member
I found that bios 3.2 removes the over 4g option after disabling CSM. So my perfectly working EFI for 3.0 does not work on 3.2.

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
I found that bios 3.2 removes the over 4g option after disabling CSM. So my perfectly working EFI for 3.0 does not work on 3.2.

If you can't enable 4G decoding in the BIOS, then put " npci=0x2000" in the boot-args

agent2

Donator
Donator
I'm sorry for joining the party late, but would you be so kind @joshyboy362 as to move this thread to Installation > Catalina? That would keep this forum a bit more tidy.
Thanks!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.