Ryzen 9 3900X, ASRock X570 ITX/TB3, Sapphire RX 5500 Pulse, Catalina

Sdgros01

AMD OS X Member
@Sdgros01 Every OpenCore version usually has some changes in the schema of the config.plist
I usually use a diff with the sample.plist to update my config.plist, or you can consult the Differences.pdf to update it. With 0.5.9 notably some block sections were renamed to delete and those 3 entries listed in your screenshot were removed. (And one or two new entries were added)

Thanks I’ll try and dig into it here a few days. Was more upset that I had to start from scratch all over again with my installs. Another issue in running into now is macOS won’t shutdown, it’ll go to a black screen and just sit running after all this now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osxten

AMD OS X Member
I’ve always favored this build - I’ve been looking for the most compatible mobo to get as close to a golden build as possible including sleep and usb c - and also have some of the luxuries like 2 NVME slots and a front usb - c header (building into a NZXT H1).

So I’ve been quietly searching for great builds like these

I might need your help Aluveitie - as I have made a silly decision to get the asrock b550 phantom gaming itx board - it has everything I’m looking for. But - I’m going to have no idea what I’m doing as nobody has obviously built a hackintosh off one yet and the last time I made a hackintosh it was a laptop in 2008, lol.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I was in a similar place when I bought the X570 ITX, just follow the guide: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/
This should get you a working system, everything else is just polishing afterwards (and much easier when the system is already running) :)

joe414

AMD OS X Member
Hi, i'm new here and i'm looking for the same build, the b550 phantom gaming itx has TB3 too ?

i want an hackintosh build with TB3 for an audio interface, I have ryzen 3900x and radeon 5700xt,

I hesitate between b550 phantom gaming itx, the new gigabyte b550 (if they have a TB3 header for alpine / titan ridge, i don't know), or just take the X570 itx/tb3, which seems like a safe solution

Sdgros01

AMD OS X Member
Hi, i'm new here and i'm looking for the same build, the b550 phantom gaming itx has TB3 too ?

i want an hackintosh build with TB3 for an audio interface, I have ryzen 3900x and radeon 5700xt,

I hesitate between b550 phantom gaming itx, the new gigabyte b550 (if they have a TB3 header for alpine / titan ridge, i don't know), or just take the X570 itx/tb3, which seems like a safe solution

Everything I’ve seen on the new b550 phantom gaming itx doesn’t show anything regarding tb3 on board on even a tb header. The x570 is the only go to itx with tb support that I’ve seen

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
There won’t be a TB3 header on ITX boards because there is no PCIe slot left for the card.

jwrandall

AMD OS X Member
@jwrandall Using RadeonBoost with the Radeon VII is still safe on 10.15.5, only affects Navi cards.
How did you disable RADEON BOOST? I don't recall seeing that. I'm thinking of getting a Navi card.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just remove the kext (or update to the latest one which does not load the SMU firmware for Navi anymore).
Btw, I’d wait until the new RDNA 2 based cards are released, expectedly in September. Those come with 50% performance improvement.

Osxten

AMD OS X Member
Just remove the kext (or update to the latest one which does not load the SMU firmware for Navi anymore).
Btw, I’d wait until the new RDNA 2 based cards are released, expectedly in September. Those come with 50% performance improvement.

Exactly what I’m doing. I picked up an rx580 pulse for my initial build. Will hold me over just fine until rdna2 cards are out

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
But we need to wait for MacOS to actually support it... maybe we're lucky and the existing drivers work otherwise it might be some time until a Mac with the new GPU is released.

Desmo16rr

AMD OS X Member
View attachment 12
Build
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Mainboard: AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 (BIOS 2.0)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (2x, 16GB) DDR4-3200
Storage: Corsair MP600 (1000GB) M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Pulse 8G
Power Supply: Corsair SF600 Platinum
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift (Mini-ITX)

Working
Audio
GPU
LAN
Shutdown
USB
DisplayPort In
Bluetooth
Sleep

Known issues
Thunderbolt without hot-plugging (devices need to be connected before boot but works fine as USB-C)

BIOS settings
CSM: disabled
Above 4G decoding: disabled
Fast boot: disabled
Deep sleep: disabled

Sleep
The CPU integrated USB Controller (SB.PCI0.GP13.XHC0) is the reason for restarts on wake up from sleep. Deactivating it either through SSDT patches or directly in the BIOS fixes this issue, but results in USB Ports 3 and 4 ending up as USB 2 only:
back_io.png

If the USB port of the integrated Bluetooth module on HS9 is set to 'internal' it resulted in a timeout/kernel panic when trying to enter sleep. Setting it to USB 2 fixed it.

Bluetooth
The integrated bluetooth is fully functional with the appropriate kext. Loading the firmware may fail upon boot and requires a reboot. Disabling Deep sleep in BIOS fixes it for cold boots.

EFI
For more background and EFI check out the Github repo: RyzenMacPro

Benchmarks

I have the same setup except i have lpx 3600mhz(32gb), samsung evo pro 970 and powercolor RX5700 (not XT) and my OpenCL is 32k, does radeon boost not cause kernel panic on 10.15.5 for you? mine won’boot with it. my multi thread cpu score is also lower than yours and i have 3900x too. any ideas? using same acpi setup and most kexts apart from voodoo.

any ideas?

Sdgros01

AMD OS X Member
I have the same setup except i have lpx 3600mhz(32gb), samsung evo pro 970 and powercolor RX5700 (not XT) and my OpenCL is 32k, does radeon boost not cause kernel panic on 10.15.5 for you? mine won’boot with it. my multi thread cpu score is also lower than yours and i have 3900x too. any ideas? using same acpi setup and most kexts apart from voodoo.

any ideas?

Yes he disabled Radeon boost on 10.15.5 in the efi and config.plist due to compatibility issues

Desmo16rr

AMD OS X Member
Yes he disabled Radeon boost on 10.15.5 in the efi and config.plist due to compatibility issues

thanks!

now i need to figure out why my scores are lower and multicore geek5 is abt 4-5k lower......

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The latest version of RadeonBoost does not load the SMU Firmware Apple broke anymore for Navi. You still get a small improvement from other injected properties but not as much.

You can replace the it with the MacBook framebuffer (which is kinda hack) to improve the Geekbench score. But it’s more cosmetic as it does not really translate to any significant real world Performance improvements.

Also, when running benchmarks disable the automatic speed adjustment in the AMD Power Gadget.

joe414

AMD OS X Member
Thank you very much for your answers, I ordered the X570 phantom gaming,

Not essential but is there a way to make wifi work?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Desmo16rr

AMD OS X Member
I can't seem to get shutdown working, any ideas which ones I have mixed up? I've used the usb mapping from https://aplus.rs/2020/usb-mapping-how/ which seems to work. do I need to add usb.aml back in as ssd?
ASRock ITC phantom gaming tb3 x570
Ryzen 3900x
3600mhx ddr 4 corsair lpx
corsair sf750
power colour 5700 radeon

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 20.32.32.png

Sdgros01

AMD OS X Member
I can't seem to get shutdown working, any ideas which ones I have mixed up? I've used the usb mapping from https://aplus.rs/2020/usb-mapping-how/ which seems to work. do I need to add usb.aml back in as ssd?
ASRock ITC phantom gaming tb3 x570
Ryzen 3900x
3600mhx ddr 4 corsair lpx
corsair sf750
power colour 5700 radeon

View attachment 644

Let me know if you have any luck. I’m experiencing the same thing regarding shutdown

igerry

AMD OS X Member
hi, thank you for sharing. I am a iOS developer, can Xcode work fine? Adobe also can works. Thank you, again.

I can confirm that XCode 11.5 works perfectly. It turns out to be my fastest build machine.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
As far as I know just the Apple Watch simulator does not work on AMD.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.