Ryzen 9 3900X, ASRock X570 ITX/TB3, Sapphire RX 5500 Pulse, Catalina

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Usually works just fine.

Desmo16rr

AMD OS X Member
I am testing my build kext by kext, setting by setting, and .aml by .aml. mouse still laggy :( will post the results. shutdown now working again. (so far).
can you explain what each SSDT is in detail under the EC section?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Did you set your GPU to PCIe Gen3? I had to due to the riser cable and others in the forum reported that fixing some issues.

Sdgros01

AMD OS X Member
I am testing my build kext by kext, setting by setting, and .aml by .aml. mouse still laggy :( will post the results. shutdown now working again. (so far).
can you explain what each SSDT is in detail under the EC section?

What do you believe was the culprit on shutdown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Stil, try to set your GPU to Gen3. Some people reported that this helps with mouse lags.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 08.23.51.png
Finally got Big Sur running :)

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Was experiencing some stuttering while working on Big Sur. Disabling the WifiAgent seems to have fixed that:
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.wifi.WiFiAgent.plist

kuldock

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I have a question. How did you change the logo?
I've tried it many times through Theme Engine, but the logo hasn't changed.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 3.49.17 PM.png

still same as before.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 3.48.59 PM.png

I'm using 10.15.5. Could you let me know your way? Thx.

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I've updated to the new BIOS 2.30. ASRock did a big cleanup round and removed quite a lot of options to make things simpler. On the plus side there is now a configurable Timeout for entering BIOS/selecting Boot drive which can speed up booting quite considerably.

To get macOS running again I had to set SyncRuntimePermissions to True

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Did a clean install of Big Sur DP2 without VirtualBox this time, worked good so far. But still feels a little sluggish.

Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 03.58.19.png

jwrandall

AMD OS X Member

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Nope, 10.5.6 update worked without any issues.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
FYI: BIOS 2.30 broke sleep for me (Machine won't turn off/fans keep running). I downgraded back to 2.00 and sleep is working again...

marp

AMD OS X Member
Hi all, I am new to hackintoshing so if I trip up on something simple, please forgive me. I'm hitting up this thread because this seems to be the closest to my build.

Mobo: Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x
GPU: PowerColor Red Dragon 5700XT 8GB
RAM: Trident Z Neo DDR4-3200 64GB - 2x32 (currently tuned down to 2666 for stability until I have settled)
Storage: WD Black SN750 1TB (with heatsink) - WINDOWS
Storage2: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB - MAC INTENDED
Case: NZXT H1 with stock AIO and PSU

My results are pretty terrible so far. I tend to get stalled or stuck in a different place every time I boot up, even with the same exact unmodified efi. Generally, I am able to get past the install and get to the Mac Setup pages, even able to boot in to the desktop a couple of times, but my wallpaper is all screwed up like an 8-bit video game with green and blue blocks everywhere. I can move my cursor sometimes, but only for a few seconds before everything just locks up. About half the time, I'll boot up either to a black screen or gray screen with an unmovable cursor in the top left corner, or I'll get stuck somewhere on the progress bar, typically 3/4 of the way to the end.

Below is the only time I was able to get to desktop with enough stability to navigate to my system report and pull some info. (During this boot, I got a message saying I had too much RAM for that operation system? Memory Test in Windows after showed no issues)

Things I've tried:
  • multiple iterations of my EFI, fully loaded folder to barebones drives/kexts/amls
  • rolled back OC packages and OSs to around Feb/Mar when most successes were posted
  • manually created my EFI, cross referenced others, and even straight up copied and pasted (I know not suggested but worth a shot)
  • Followed AMD Vanilla Guide as closely as possible, other people's guides like the Snazzy Labs one, and other more dubious reddit ones
  • constantly cleaned my SSD and USB in cmd restarting the process multiple times
  • various BIOS tweaks
  • tried different USB
  • benchmarks and memory test in windows show no issues with hardware so far
  • copying Aluveite's EFI, removing RadeonBoost and alternate ryzen power management kexts, generating my own SSDT-EC file, resnapshotting OC, generating my own UUID etc, and adjusting for v2 BIOS

I have tried so many versions of my EFI that I'm not really sure what to post, but I've attached the EFI that produced the pictures. I wasn't able to get much help on the Discord, but if anyone here who has similar specs has any insight into my issue mentioned above or notices anything odd other than the wallpaper in these pics, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

IMG_2833.jpgIMG_2835.JPGIMG_2836.JPGIMG_2838.JPG

Attachments

• OpenCore config.plist Sanity Checker.pdf
    122.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
What BIOS settings did you set?

You should be able to turn SetupVirtualMap off (I only required either that or RebuildAppleMemoryMap with BIOS 2.00)

marp

AMD OS X Member
What BIOS settings did you set?

You should be able to turn SetupVirtualMap off (I only required either that or RebuildAppleMemoryMap with BIOS 2.00)

I copied your config and adjusted those things for BIOS v2, as well as other stuff in accordance with the kexts, amls, and machine identifiers I chose to run. The install went a lot faster with your EFI and I can more consistently get to the OS, but I still have issues with crashing within seconds of getting into OS. Then it dumps me back into the BIOS and automatically launches Windows.

Potentially I may have tinkered too much with the BIOS as a result of following so many people's guides, so I may need to reset things and try again. Off the top of my head (I don't have the computer in front of me right now), I'm not entirely sure which settings I changed now.

Also, I have a suspicion it may have to do with the VBIOS issues with PowerColor. It IS a brand Hackintosh Slav recommended against. Some people seemed to have luck with them, so I thought maybe I could too. I am going to try with a Sapphire Pulse 5700xt tomorrow and see.

Would there be any changes to the config between your 5500xt and my 5700xt? Or is Navi just Navi regardless of the SKU?

Thanks for responding though! You seem very helpful and calm for newbs like me.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.