Ryzen 7+Pascal performance

nickeliciouzh

AMD OS X Member
Hi.

I had my first macOS install yesterday with some help from a friend.
Today I was installing some games and noticed very poor performance.
I know its not supposed to be a "gaming OS" but the performance is just
terrible, even in old games(World of Warcraft specifically).

Its running on Ryzen 7 3700x, GTX1080, nvidia web driver 387.10.10.10.40.140 and
High Sierra 10.13.6.

Is there anything I can do or try to increase graphics performance?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
With an NVIDIA GPU there's nothing that can be done I'm afraid.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Check that the Version of macOS High Sierra and the version of the Nvidia Web Drivers match. There are 17 versions of macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, with an equal number of releases of the Nvidia Web Drivers. Using the correct/matching versions it imperative if you are to see full acceleration with an Nvidia dGPU.

To check the version of High Sierra you are running, Open 'About this Mac', from the Apple drop down menu. Click on the 'Version 10.13.6' text, this should show in (xxxxxxx) this will be the sub-version of High Sierra that is running on your system. The Nvidia Web Drivers need to match that sub-version.

See this page over at Tonymacx86, it contains links to download each version of the Nvidia Web Drivers for High Sierra 10.13.6 - https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.