Ryzen 7 3800x | X570 Taichi | TB3 AIC | Vega 56 | 10.15.4 | OC 0.5.8

avx117

AMD OS X Member
Build:
Motherboard: Asrock X570 Taichi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
CPU Air Cooling: Noctua NH-C14S
GPU: Radeon Vega 56
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 32GB (16GB x2)
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB - M.2 NVMe (x1 Win10, x1 MacOS)
Bluetooth and wifi: fenvi T919
TB3: Flashed GB Titan Ridge Add In Card (see other forum for instructions)
Case: Sliger Cerberus X
Power Supply: Seasonic Focus SGX-650

About: iMacPro1,1
MacOS: Catalina 10.15.4
Opencore: 0.5.8 ndk fork

Kexts: Lilu.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext (will decrease performance slightly)
NoTouchID.kext
AppleALC.kext
SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
SMCAMDProcessor.kext
NVMeFix.kext

Drivers
HfsPlus.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

Acpi : (thank's @iGPU @CaseySJ )
SSDT-ASROCK-X570-NO-BT.aml
SSDT-ASROCK-X570-NVME..aml
SSDT-DTPG.aml
SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml
SSDT-GP13.XHC0-to-XHC2.aml
SSDT-TBOLT3-BOTTOM-LONG-SLOT.aml
SSDT-XHC1-to-XHCI.aml

Working: NVME, USB3 & USB2, Wifi, Bluetooth, LAN, sound (layoutid=1), using opencore to boot Windows, processor temperature in iStatMenus
Mostly Working: TB3 hot-plug (still ironing details, sometimes takes a restart to recognize)

Future Plans:
Convert all SSDT to IF OS DARWIN to use non-forked OpenCore
Implement Radeon Boost Kext
Get TB3 hot-plug working better (suspect I will need to adjust SSDT)

This is my first foray into Hackintosh. The community has been amazing and very helpful as I have learned how to build a hack with opencore. Rather than map my USB, I am changing the XHC controllers to fix their numbering and prevent my model number from taking over my XHC controllers. Special shout outs to @CaseySJ and @iGPU for all of their help with getting TB3 to work with my add in card. I am very happy with the build. It is rock solid and replaces my old 2010 iMac.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I must ask the obligatory question: Does sleep/wake work?

avx117

AMD OS X Member
I must ask the obligatory question: Does sleep/wake work?

It was working at some point early on before I added the TB3 card, etc., but I have made so many changes since, that I assume it's not working now. I haven't started working on trying to fix it. For now, I put the screens to sleep, but leave the computer/hard drive running. Sometimes my second monitor flashes and fails to come out of sleep, but if I power cycle it, there is no problem. I would like to figure out this problem at some point, but for now, it's a very minor inconvenience.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Build:

VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
NoTouchID.kext
AppleALC.kext
SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
SMCAMDProcessor.kext
NVMeFix.kext

Drivers
HfsPlus.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

SSDT-DTPG.aml
SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml
SSDT-XHC1-to-XHCI.aml

Working: NVME, USB3 & USB2, Wifi, Bluetooth, LAN, sound (layoutid=1), using opencore to boot Windows, processor temperature in iStatMenus
Mostly Working: TB3 hot-plug (still ironing details, sometimes takes a restart to recognize)

Future Plans:

This is my first foray into Hackintosh. The community has been amazing and very helpful as I have learned how to build a hack with opencore. Rather than map my USB, I am changing the XHC controllers to fix their numbering and prevent my model number from taking over my XHC controllers. Special shout outs to @CaseySJ and @iGPU for all of their help with getting TB3 to work with my add in card. I am very happy with the build. It is rock solid and replaces my old 2010 iMac.
Cool ! Congratulations !
Have you already made tests with an audio interface TB3 ?
Any benchmarks ?
Are you doing Video editing ?

avx117

AMD OS X Member
Cool ! Congratulations !
Have you already made tests with an audio interface TB3 ?
I have not been working on this up until this point with the difficulties on TB3 and Hackintosh. I have been trying to get my ThunderRaid3 working w/ethernet, USB, Display Port, etc. set up, so I can use it next to my MBP and then use it w/my Hack. Now that I think I have it set up, will be enabling raid on this external drive.

Any benchmarks ?
With AMDCPU Power off. With Power on 1272/8834 for single/multi. In windows average is 1299/9382. This is before upgrading to 10.15.4.
Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 4.18.02 PM.png

Are you doing Video editing ?
Not at this time. Will be using it for more light editing (cutting out commercials) with my EyeTV HD and computer as a DVR.

Will upload my EFI in next few days; I have to edit out SMBIOS information, TB3 bytes in SSDT, but work is keeping me busy right now.

freddobonaza

AMD OS X Member
Hey avx117, thanks for posting and congratulations on your build. I have an X570 Taichi that I'm struggling to get stable. Are you able to post your EFI so I can compare with the few I have built and see if it is swappable?? Many thanks :)

BNO

AMD OS X Member
I have been looking for the SSDTs and read through several threads, but I am unable to find those. Anybody able to point me into the right direction?

Currently I am running the SSDTs from here:

Got everything working except for the Thunderbolt AIC Card.

Last edited:

Potato007

AMD OS X Member
you'll have to make a manual mapping of usb ports in order to get closer to have a working sleep - by following the dortania usb mapping guide. If you make it and sleep still doesn't work, I might help

chap31

AMD OS X Member
Build:

VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
NoTouchID.kext
AppleALC.kext
SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
SMCAMDProcessor.kext
NVMeFix.kext

Drivers
HfsPlus.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

SSDT-DTPG.aml
SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml
SSDT-XHC1-to-XHCI.aml

Future Plans:

Hello @avx117, congratulations for your happy Ryzentosh life with the great EFI !!
I also building with almost the same parts as you built.
Is your Flashed Titan Ridge connecting to the TB port on the mobo, not using jumper wires? Do you also use an auxiliary power cable?

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
any update on this build?

i'm going to back to the old forum to see how the TB-AIC was flashed.. but it sounds rather complicated. :eek:

avx117

AMD OS X Member
I made the decision to switch to an x570 Aurus Master after still having problems with hot-plug on my x570 Taichi. Have been extremely happy with my system since that time. I am planning on updating to 0.6.2 this weekend, and I'll post my updated EFI afterwords.

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Question: are you getting 2x 20Gbps Thunderbolt Links or 2x 40Gbps.
On my flashed TB AIC (TR 2.0 on nv23EF64r) on my x570M Pro 4 (thunderbolt tree gets published) I get 2 links @20Gbps only, whereby on my x570 Creator, on its integrated TR controller I got one single port working but at full 40Gbps speed (no TB tree).
I was wondering if that’s normal and the TB AIC has in fact two separated channel at 20Gbps each...

louierh70

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

I landed here because I saw that you are using a Vega 56 with the X570. My build is:

X570 Gaming X
3700X
Sapphire Vega 56 Plus
32 GB RAM
Big Sur
Asus XG-C100C 10 gbe
Crucial 500Gb NVMe
IMacPro1,1

I installed Big Sur directly following the opencore vanilla guide and everything works well. I just have a question regarding the Vega 56. The Memory Clock is stuck at 800 MHz all the time and it’s using between 76-81 Watts of power at idle. I find this a bit strange because when I was using this card on my Z490 Vision D with i9 10850K, the Memory Clock is at 500MHz and power at around 30 Watts. But for that, I used the guide of @CaseySJ at Tonymacx, so I’m not sure if perhaps I missed some settings for my AMD build?

I did notice though that when I try to change wallpapers or the scaling of my display (Im using a LG Ultra HD 4K connected via DP), the Memory Clock will briefly go down to 500MHz and after a few seconds it will go up to 800MHz again.

I hope someone can explain what is happening.
Thanks!

devopsterus

AMD OS X Member
Build:
Motherboard: Asrock X570 Taichi BIOS 4.0 (I believe.)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
CPU Cooling: Corsair AIO
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760 (Awaiting a better GPU.)
Memory: G.Skill RipJaw 32GB (16GB x2)
Storage: WD NVME

I have a very similar setup but my bluetooth isn't working. WIFI is working great. It shows as ON but does not show and devices to pair with. Should I try SSDT-ASROCK-X570-NO-BT.aml and if so where did you get it?

Thanks!

devopsterus

AMD OS X Member
Also - sleep seems to work fine. Everything is working except BT, and iCloud login in prefs. (App Store is working.)

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Build:
Motherboard: Asrock X570 Taichi BIOS 4.0 (I believe.)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
CPU Cooling: Corsair AIO
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760 (Awaiting a better GPU.)
Memory: G.Skill RipJaw 32GB (16GB x2)
Storage: WD NVME

I have a very similar setup but my bluetooth isn't working. WIFI is working great. It shows as ON but does not show and devices to pair with. Should I try SSDT-ASROCK-X570-NO-BT.aml and if so where did you get it?

Thanks!
I had the same problems with fenvi. Use the IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext kext. Without this kext, the Mac confuses the BTs.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.