IMG_9042.jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 3.28.41 PM.png

Build:
Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI B450I Gaming Plus Mini-ITX
MSI Radeon Vega 56 8gb HBM2
Crucial 32gb DDR4 3200mhz RAM
Crucial 256gb SSD (MacOS Drive)
Samsung 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD (Windows Drive)
Silverstone LD03 Case
Silverstone SFX-L 500W PSU

What's Working:
Wifi/Ethernet
Bluetooth
iServices
Airdrop, Handoff, Continuity (The biggest features I needed to work)
Onboard Audio
All USB 2.0 & 3.1 Ports
GPU
Sleep (A bit buggy but works)
Shutdown (Also a bit buggy but works)

SMBIOS:
MacPro7,1

Known Issues:
1. Previously had horrible lag throughout entire system. Updated all files, kexts, and config as well as open core to 0.5.8 and lag has been dramatically decreased. It is still apparent though.
2. Sleep, Restart, and Shutdown take some time before they actually happen. Maybe 10-15 seconds before actual shutdown.
3. When waking from sleep, it takes 10-15 seconds before USB items work.
4. Fan speeds on the GPU ramp up loudly and randomly during use. My assumption is due to processes being used by Apple Photos. Maybe it's something else. Hopefully someone will have an answer. I do have 60k photos in my library since I am a photographer and have been using Apple Photos for years now

Notes:
1. It took me three days of working on configuring kexts and the config file to get bluetooth working. I have the Apple BCM94360CS2 and the correct NGFF M.2 Adapter to fit on my motherboard. Wifi worked OOB but not bluetooth. After those hours or research and trial and error, I decided to purchase the IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle and it worked. Took a big load off my shoulders since Airdrop was one of the biggest functions I wanted from this build.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:

elmz

AMD OS X Member
nice...! im waiting for my hardwares to come in.. using same mobo as yours.. this will be my first hackintosh build..

yancyvioli

AMD OS X Member
nice...! im waiting for my hardwares to come in.. using same mobo as yours.. this will be my first hackintosh build..

Let me know any questions you'll have. I spent a lot of time going through it and re-installing twice. I'll also post my EFI folder so you can compare.

wodeyaocai1

AMD OS X Member
@yancyvioli

would you please take a screenshot of your XHC0 controller showing me the usb power properties(usb2 and usb3), my build with msi b450m mortar max mobo has sleep panic with usb device attached to XHC0 controller. thanks.

elmz

AMD OS X Member
Let me know any questions you'll have. I spent a lot of time going through it and re-installing twice. I'll also post my EFI folder so you can compare.

hi man.. i managed to run my machine quite well except for this stubborn bluetooth / wifi BCM94360CS2 that no matter what patch i used, it cant be detected.
currently, im using iogear for my mouse and keyboard which i working fine..

im really aiming to get my airdrop working.. this is very important for my work as well.

i did try to use your EFI... but still no success on this bluetooth / wifi..

i attached my EFI.. hope you can give some advise.. thanks..

btw.. is your mic out working..??? i cant my microphone to work also...

Last edited:

elmz

AMD OS X Member
hi man.. i managed to run my machine quite well except for this stubborn bluetooth / wifi BCM94360CS2 that no matter what patch i used, it cant be detected.
currently, im using iogear for my mouse and keyboard which i working fine..

im really aiming to get my airdrop working.. this is very important for my work as well.

i did try to use your EFI... but still no success on this bluetooth / wifi..

i attached my EFI.. hope you can give some advise.. thanks..

btw.. is your mic out working..??? i cant my microphone to work also...
just an update.. i managed to get my bluetooth up and running now.. except for wifi... haizz..

Obelix

AMD OS X Member
Hi @yancyvioli Thanks for this post. You proved it was possible to have a functional hack based on the MSI B450i Gaming AC!

My hack had no bluetooth and no sleep.

The workaround I found is to manually remap the PTXH controller and disable XHC0.
You might find this useful: Fixed BCM94352Z NGFF Bluetooth on MSI B450i Gaming AC

I have the 7A40vAB Bios, which Bios do you have on your Mobo ?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.