- May 2, 2020
Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI B450I Gaming Plus Mini-ITX
MSI Radeon Vega 56 8gb HBM2
Crucial 32gb DDR4 3200mhz RAM
Crucial 256gb SSD (MacOS Drive)
Samsung 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD (Windows Drive)
Silverstone LD03 Case
Silverstone SFX-L 500W PSU
Airdrop, Handoff, Continuity (The biggest features I needed to work)
All USB 2.0 & 3.1 Ports
Sleep (A bit buggy but works)
Shutdown (Also a bit buggy but works)
1. Previously had horrible lag throughout entire system. Updated all files, kexts, and config as well as open core to 0.5.8 and lag has been dramatically decreased. It is still apparent though.
2. Sleep, Restart, and Shutdown take some time before they actually happen. Maybe 10-15 seconds before actual shutdown.
3. When waking from sleep, it takes 10-15 seconds before USB items work.
4. Fan speeds on the GPU ramp up loudly and randomly during use. My assumption is due to processes being used by Apple Photos. Maybe it's something else. Hopefully someone will have an answer. I do have 60k photos in my library since I am a photographer and have been using Apple Photos for years now
1. It took me three days of working on configuring kexts and the config file to get bluetooth working. I have the Apple BCM94360CS2 and the correct NGFF M.2 Adapter to fit on my motherboard. Wifi worked OOB but not bluetooth. After those hours or research and trial and error, I decided to purchase the IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle and it worked. Took a big load off my shoulders since Airdrop was one of the biggest functions I wanted from this build.