Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570i PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism
GPU: Sapphire RX590 Nitro+ OC
Memory: GSkill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600Mhz CL16
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M2 500GB, 1000GB EVO 860 (Win10)
Case: NZXT H210
- Loaded Optimized Defaults
- Activated XMP profile
- Disabled CSM Support
- Enabled Above 4G Decoding
AppleALC, Lilu, SmallTreeIntel82576, VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen, MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler
GPU, Ethernet, USB, Front-USB (USB-C not tested)
DRM, iMessage, Appstore
Audio (DisplayPort Audio & Internal)
BT (shows up, but not tested)
Win10 Dual-Boot using OC Picker
Sleep (don't really care, it boots really quick)
- Installed Win10 on the EVO860 and unplugged it.
- Followed the Dortania Guide to setup my first own EFI: https://desktop.dortania.ml/
- Installed MacOS on the EVO960 - did run through on the first attempt, all pretty straight forward
- Plugged the EVO860 back in, and voila: DUAL BOOT. No Bootcamp needed.
Windows10 will mess with your OC EFI at some point otherwise.
- Added Device Properties to my config.plist so that internal drives show up as internal
https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/com ... ncore_amd/
- Disabled the "Memory Modules Misconfigured"-Notice by adding MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext:
https://github.com/IOIIIO/MacProMemoryN ... /releases/
- Added OC Picker
For those who care, some Benchmarks:
4923cb in Cinebench R20
2197cb in Cinebench R15
107FPS in Cinebench R15
9236 MCS in Geekbench5 (1287 SC)
If this would go to sleep and came in a fancy case, you wouldn't know its not a MacPro. Absolutely no problems whatsoever after a month working on it. Setup was pretty straight forward with the new Desktop Guide, figuring out Win10 Dual Boot took the most time.
Thanks to everyone who is making this possible.
Update(s) & Tipps
- Shutdown wasn't working as long as the Wraith Prism CPU Cooler was connected to the internal USB. The connection is not necessary, you can disconnect it once you've disabled/set the LEDs in Windows. Or get a decent cooler in the first place.
- The correct layout to get internal sound running turned out to be 2. Added alcid=2 to my boot-args and thats it.
- One of the RX590s BIOS options (the Nitro+ has a dual bios) is resetting the disabled CSM Support, just use the other one when this happens