Ryzen 7 3700x, ASRock x570 Pro4, Sapphire RX 580, Mojave

hubbsound

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hey there! Happy to report I have a nearly full functioning build here. Had a heck of a time finding a kext to work with the the intel 211 and then also getting the BIOS settings right. I followed the Vanilla guide and mostly Technoli's Ryzen build videos on YouTube. Had to dig on the forums for some of it but that's to be expected.

Ryzen 7 3700x
ASRock x570 Pro4
Sapphire RX 580
Mojave 10.14.6
32gb Ripjaw DDR4-3200
Corsair 500gb M2.2800 (windows)
WD Blue 1TB m2.2800 (OSx)

Kexts:
AppleALC
Lilu
NullCPUPowerManagement
SmallTreeIntel82576
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen

Audio, bluetooth (ioGear USB dongle), sleep, and all other normal operations appears to function.

Only issues:
I can't get it to boot from the MacOS drive without the USB. I used clover to mount disk EFI and copied the files from the USB EFI but no such luck.

Also dual boot windows is a huge pain, once I change the "extend beyond 4g" setting in BIOS the windows drive completely disappears from BIOS. Once I change it back then my MacOS is gone. I know I'm probably missing something simple but haven't been able to find it. MacOS does see the windows drives, as does windows (in disk mgmt, no "mount")

If anyone has any insight on solving these last two things that'd be awesome I'd like to dual boot to windows a little bit cleaner and of course not have to boot with USB inserted.

psuedoheart

AMD OS X Member
Try this EFI,
For dual boot loader, after you installation of MacOS. you have to take your hard drive off then use new hard drive to install window.
once finish window installation, put MacOs drive back into your M/B then set the Bios and select 1st boot over EFI's MacOS drive.
good luck

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 48

hubbsound

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Sleep doesn't work, or at least I haven't tried it. I don't use it so I turned it off.

Apple services are working. Facetime, icloud, etc. now imessage I have not tested but it should work if all the other services are working. I just don't really use them much.

Only things outstanding on my build.

-Can't get it to boot from the m.2 SSD drive. It's still booting from the USB loader. I've copied the EFI folder to the EFI on hard drive.

-dual boot OS with windows doesn't work without changing the "extend beyond 4g" in bios. I feel like this is related to above. For some reason my BIOS does not recognize the M.2 drives as currently configured. But also the only BIOS configuration that allows to boot using the USB loader.

-It seems that one of the protocols, Mackie Control, used by my midi control surface (behringer xtouch) is not working. I know the device was working fine with my MBP but this was also a different version of logic as well so there are some unknown variables but this is plug and play stuff and should work across all version of logic. My suspicion is there is a portion of the mackie control protocol code that doesn't like AMD.

hubbsound

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Try this EFI,
For dual boot loader, after you installation of MacOS. you have to take your hard drive off then use new hard drive to install window.
once finish window installation, put MacOs drive back into your M/B then set the Bios and select 1st boot over EFI's MacOS drive.
good luck

Thanks for the info. I think my boot problem stems more from a BIOS setting than the EFI as once it's running it works great? Once I enable the "extend beyond 4g" option both of my m.2 drives disappear from the BIOS. Disabling that makes my windows m.2 drive reappear but not the MacOS. I was considering just installing windows on a SATA SSD to see if that makes any difference. If the BIOS won't see my drive there's no way for it to boot to it. Hoping I can find someone else that has this same board.

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Hi Hubbsound, can you please Post your feedback? I have an almost identical configuration but I m stuck at boot.
Could you also please share your bios settings?

that would be very appreciated!

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
hi
it's strange, beaucoup I have the mATX version and it works unless you let it in sleep mode too long (and you need unplug and pluug the hdmi cable)

ralfmalf

AMD OS X Member
Hi

I had trouble with 4g setting in bios.This is what I did .

1) Set 4g option in motherboard bios to Disabled
2) In Config.Plist add ncpi=0x2000 to boot-args in NVRAM section my line reads

boot-args string -v keepsyms=1 alcid=1 npci=0x2000

note yours might be different as we don't have the same hardware but adding npci=0x2000 if it is not there might help.
I tested all different combinations of the two settings 4g in bios enabled/disabled and this boot args npci=0x2000 in there or not
and found the above combination worked for me I can boot into Win or Mac from the opencore boot picker.

thefrenchdexter

AMD OS X Member
Hello :)

Can you post your EFI ?

I have exactly the same config, and i want ti try a working Hackintosh :D

Thanks !

renahook

AMD OS X Member
Try this EFI,
good luck
because the EFI has a file to mine crypto? Caution.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.