Ryzen 5800x MSI B450 Tomahawk (non-Max) 11.4 BigSur - OpenCore 0.7.2

rayaranas

AMD OS X Member
  • OS (Dual Boot): SSD - MacOS Big Sur 11.4 NVME - Windows 10
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk (non-Max) latest beta bios released April 2021
  • RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - 4x8GB Team Dark Pro
  • GPU 1 - EVGA RTX 2080Ti
  • GPU 2 - Asus Strix RX 570 4GB
  • Monitor 1 - Acer Predator X34GS
  • Monitor 2 - LG32GK650F
  • Monitor 3 - ASUS PG278QR
  • HDD: Intel NVME 500GB - Kingston SSD 250GB - Kingston 500GB
  • LAN: RTL8111
  • Sound: USB DAC SMSL M3
  • Other: Asus Strix Flare Gaming Keyboard - Logitech GPro Wireless Gaming Mouse
  • Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.0 ----> update to OpenCore 0.7.2
What's working:
  • iMessage
  • Facetime
  • Sleep/wake is working
  • SMBUS fix

Non Working:
- continuity features (BCM943602CS working. I have to disable "Wake for Wi-Fi network access" or else hack will wake instantly after sleep)

ATTACHED EFI

As you can see, I have a Nvidia GPU (2080Ti) which is not supported. Disabled this one on DeviceProperties using this guide (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/spoof.html#windows-gpu-selection). Turns out, it worked but booting time is slow like almost 2 mins max from cold boot. Currently using the RX 570 as the main GPU.

Didn't do the USB mapping yet. Very confusing for me to be honest. If someone can help me with it, that would be awesome and TIA.
---> USB mapping completed. Everything is working. Wake from sleep state with usb keyboard/mouse.

I tried the memory fix using this guide (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/memory.html#mapping-our-memory) but still it returned the same error. Very confusing too is that I used MacPro7,1 as my SMBIOS and it only show 4 slots of RAM. Ended with the restrictevents kext.

Well that's all for now. If you have any idea how to do usb mapping with this motherboard, please let me know. thanks!!!

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 5.25.09 PM.png

Attachments

• 197849946_510644676804933_530942314755379180_n.jpg
    197849946_510644676804933_530942314755379180_n.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.44.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.44.59 AM.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 57
  • EFI-USB-SMBUS Fix.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:

rayaranas

AMD OS X Member
Update:
My wifi/bluetooth module arrived today.
Everything are working now: Continuity features
  • Apple watch unlock (Not working at first try. Signed out my appleID from all of my devices including my hack. Started working after restart and signing back my apple ID)
  • Handoff
  • Airdrop

No Kexts needed. Working OOB. USB mapping is needed.

This is the wifi/bluetooth that I got:

djackson362

AMD OS X Member
  • OS (Dual Boot): SSD - MacOS Big Sur 11.4 NVME - Windows 10
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk (non-Max) latest beta bios released April 2021
  • RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - 4x8GB Team Dark Pro
  • GPU 1 - EVGA RTX 2080Ti
  • GPU 2 - Asus Strix RX 570 4GB
  • Monitor 1 - Acer Predator X34GS
  • Monitor 2 - LG32GK650F
  • Monitor 3 - ASUS PG278QR
  • HDD: Intel NVME 500GB - Kingston SSD 250GB - Kingston 500GB
  • LAN: RTL8111
  • Sound: USB DAC SMSL M3
  • Other: Asus Strix Flare Gaming Keyboard - Logitech GPro Wireless Gaming Mouse
  • Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.0 ----> update to OpenCore 0.7.1
What's working:
  • iMessage
  • Facetime
  • Sleep/wake is working (I can put it to sleep and cpu turns off. Pushed power button on the case and it wakes up straight to login screen)
  • SMBUS fix

Non Working:
- continuity features (BCM943602CS is on its way. Will update soon)

ATTACHED EFI

As you can see, I have a Nvidia GPU (2080Ti) which is not supported. Disabled this one on DeviceProperties using this guide (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/spoof.html#windows-gpu-selection). Turns out, it worked but booting time is slow like almost 2 mins max from cold boot. Currently using the RX 570 as the main GPU.

Didn't do the USB mapping yet. Very confusing for me to be honest. If someone can help me with it, that would be awesome and TIA.
---> USB mapping completed. Everything is working. Wake from sleep state with usb keyboard/mouse.

I tried the memory fix using this guide (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/memory.html#mapping-our-memory) but still it returned the same error. Very confusing too is that I used MacPro7,1 as my SMBIOS and it only show 4 slots of RAM. Ended with the restrictevents kext.

Well that's all for now. If you have any idea how to do usb mapping with this motherboard, please let me know. thanks!!!

View attachment 3411
Update:
My wifi/bluetooth module arrived today.
Everything are working now: Continuity features
  • Apple watch unlock (Not working at first try. Signed out my appleID from all of my devices including my hack. Started working after restart and signing back my apple ID)
  • Handoff
  • Airdrop

No Kexts needed. Working OOB. USB mapping is needed.

This is the wifi/bluetooth that I got:
Hi I just installed a Fenvi FV-HB1200 Wireless/ BT card. I can not figure out how to get this to be recognized. I am not sure how to get this card to work. I do have ethernet connection but no wifi. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 4.55.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 4.55.45 PM.png
    240.5 KB · Views: 32

rayaranas

AMD OS X Member
Hi I just installed a Fenvi FV-HB1200 Wireless/ BT card. I can not figure out how to get this to be recognized. I am not sure how to get this card to work. I do have ethernet connection but no wifi. Thanks.
did you try it on another pci-e slot? and can you post you system here? motherboard, cpu, etc...

djackson362

AMD OS X Member
Yes I have tried both slots I have available.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600
Mobo: MSI B350 Tomahawk
Ram: 32GB (4x8gb) 2667mhz Team Dark Pro
GPU1: Radeon RX 580 8GB

rayaranas

AMD OS X Member
can you post
can you post a screenshot under PCI? and did you connect the cable from fenvi card to your motherboard internal usb port?

djackson362

AMD OS X Member
can you post

can you post a screenshot under PCI? and did you connect the cable from fenvi card to your motherboard internal usb port?
Yes I tried both ports on the board and both Pcie slots. I don't have any sound either only through HDMI. I am using an old version of Clover as my boot loader. Having trouble getting OpenCore to work at this time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 2.43.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 2.43.16 PM.png
    890.9 KB · Views: 17

rayaranas

AMD OS X Member
Yes I tried both ports on the board and both Pcie slots. I don't have any sound either only through HDMI. I am using an old version of Clover as my boot loader. Having trouble getting OpenCore to work at this time.
Oh sorry I have moved to opencore since clover was giving me a lot of issues.

what issues do you have with opencore? I started fallowing dortania guide for opencore and I did install OSX catalina first then upgraded to Big Sur 11.4. Open core 0.7.0 and SMBIOS "MacPro7,1" never had any issues at all. Maybe you can try again with the open core and hopefully it will start

djackson362

AMD OS X Member
Oh sorry I have moved to opencore since clover was giving me a lot of issues.

what issues do you have with opencore? I started fallowing dortania guide for opencore and I did install OSX catalina first then upgraded to Big Sur 11.4. Open core 0.7.0 and SMBIOS "MacPro7,1" never had any issues at all. Maybe you can try again with the open core and hopefully it will start
Ok. I did update to OpenCore 0.70 with Catalina. I have the bluetooth working now on the card but no wifi. Im not sure what to do now. Thanks

rayaranas

AMD OS X Member
Ok. I did update to OpenCore 0.70 with Catalina. I have the bluetooth working now on the card but no wifi. Im not sure what to do now. Thanks
hmm that's interesting. Can you upload you opencore efi here?

rayaranas

AMD OS X Member
Sorry here it is.
try this one. I removed some of your kexts. This one is OpenCore 0.7.2.
  • Changed SMBIOS to MacPro7,1
  • Updated some kexts to latest releas

You have to do this:
  • disable 4G Decoding in BIOS (If your board supports it)
  • re-map your USB ports

You have to re-generate new serials for SMBIOS MacPro7,1 for iMessage or facetime to work. Just follow the iServices fix guide

Good luck

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 42

installer0001

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

Can you help me @rayaranas?

I have similar specs as you.
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
  • Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Crucial
  • GPU 1 - RX 560 2GB
  • Monitor 1 - Samsung 4k
  • HDD: NVME 500GB Kingston
When I tried your EFI, I am stuck at these following errors simultaneously

AMDCPUSupport::startWorkLoop initialize serviceAMDCPUSupport::setupKeysVsmc: VirtualSMCAPI::addKey succeed!.

or

Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.private.security.kext-management

Please help me out, I would be forever in your debt brother.

rayaranas

AMD OS X Member
Hello please go into your bios and check these:

Resizable BAR > enable
4g Decoding > disable
Secure Boot > disable

Try that first

installer0001

AMD OS X Member
I checked these settings from your previous suggestion but couldn't find the 4G decoding and Resizable BAR. The remaining Secure Boot was already disabled.

Edit: My motherboard doesn't have wifi as its MAX model, so maybe thats why I don't see the 4G settings

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.